Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I just joined and hoped someone could help 馃槄
I recently bought a 2011 Astra J, 1.4 turbo, and the engine is making this noise after its been running for a short time, I've taken it back to the dealership I bought it from and they've replaced the water pump, auxiliary belt, thermostat, crank pulley, adjusted the tensioner, and put a new (something or rather) to do with the oil.
I'm a trainee fast fit mechanic, but I can't diagnose problems and am unsure of what It could be...the cars been stuck in the garage for a week now and I could really do with getting it back!! And help would be really appreciated 馃槉
Michael

(Okay, just tried uploading a video and it won't for some reason 馃槄, it's squeaking in tune with the belt by the sounds of it, but not like it's slipping, just a "Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh" descriptive, I know)

Super Moderator
Alternator decoupling drive pulley , as that been checked ?
Air con pump pulley , as that been checked ?
Good job you don鈥檛 own my Astra , she makes a wonderful racket on tick over but press the loud pedal she makes a quieter racket.
Mind you she鈥檚 sounded like that for the last 8 years I鈥檝e owned her , if she ever became silent I鈥檇 start to worry lol 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alternator decoupling drive pulley , as that been checked ?
Air con pump pulley , as that been checked ?
Good job you don鈥檛 own my Astra , she makes a wonderful racket on tick over but press the loud pedal she makes a quieter racket.
Mind you she鈥檚 sounded like that for the last 8 years I鈥檝e owned her , if she ever became silent I鈥檇 start to worry lol 馃槀

Haha brilliant, my old car made a huge racket that when it stopped I got really worried 馃槄馃槀 I'll ask them tomorrow! See if any of those need doing thanks for the advice!

Premium Member
If it does then its the front crankshaft oil seal drawing air,......... The evap system on your car is sealed so the engine crankcase runs under a slight vacuum, this is done so all crankcase gasses are drawn through the evap system with the gas being recycled and burnt in the combustion process, if the seal starts to fail it will cause a squeaking type noise.

Registered
If it does then its the front crankshaft oil seal drawing air,......... The evap system on your car is sealed so the engine crankcase runs under a slight vacuum, this is done so all crankcase gasses are drawn through the evap system with the gas being recycled and burnt in the combustion process, if the seal starts to fail it will cause a squeaking type noise.
thanks for the explanation just changed mine and finally noise has gone thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.