Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove down to me local tyre place after noticing that my back tyre was dead and needed a new one so he jacks it up starts taking the normal nuts off turns to me and asks for the wheel nut key i open the glove box take out the little plastic box and no fecking key:grrr

I went to vauxhall with the box and the card saying the key number 120 and asked for another key he tells me theres no way of finding the right key as they are ordered in randomly

tried wedging a socket on but the outside swivels, Was gonna batter it with a hammer and screwdriver but dont want to damage me rims

So to cut to the chase does anyone have a key set with a card that reads 120 on it that i can borrow to take these bloody things off ill give it straight back

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
or get what i have, well one of anyway

the special removal tool, which has a left hand thread, zap it on with the air gun and off comes the locking bolt

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi the parts guy was talking ****** thats why they have the number in the box incase you lose the key try another dealer
regards
Steve

·
oooooooppps's .... :)
1,659 Posts
yep as greasemonkey just sead "dealer is talkin ****" iv just ordered a new key on monday because mine is fecked

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thought so im gonna go to another dealer tomoz and ask this guy did seem like he couldnt be bothered if i get one easily im gonna wipe the floor with him

Why are the people at the parts desk so feckin unhelpful anyway, Isnt it theyre job to get parts in i couldnt get the 1.7CDTI badge from the dealer the other day either they had the astra f one but coudlnt even get the astra g one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Locking wheel nuts what a f***ing pain in the arse!!
I get a flat and pull out the 'black box' and take out the locking spanner put it on the nut but does it work...no it seems to have broken.I ring the dealer who says they don't have one but they can order a new one in a couple of days for £35. They say they do't have one so I wait and wait and wait....after a fu**ng week of not being able to use the car my new lockin spanner is still not in, then they say 'why don't you pop over we might have a key'! They have had a key all this time I'm livid my wife is disabled and I have been without wheels for a poxy week.Thanks Evans Halshaw Hemel Hempstead!!

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
and dont let them redo the nuts with an airgun,you will not get them off with a wheel brace,i needed a heavy weight ratchet and a scaffolding bar to lever mine off

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
Thought so im gonna go to another dealer tomoz and ask this guy did seem like he couldnt be bothered if i get one easily im gonna wipe the floor with him

Why are the people at the parts desk so feckin unhelpful anyway, Isnt it theyre job to get parts in i couldnt get the 1.7CDTI badge from the dealer the other day either they had the astra f one but coudlnt even get the astra g one
not all parts people are lazy or useless,i worked for a dealership in the parts dept (i left a year last september),if someone wanted a part i would do my best to get the part,no matter how many phone calls,i even managed to get locking wheel nut keys without the key no,by taking a photo with my mobile phone,i did this a few times.if some one wanted a part i would try my hardest because anything i sold went towards my commision (as i was a top seller i would get around £100 per week minimum) and also it was my job,i was paid a basic wage to order parts,doesnt matter if the part cost 1p or £2000

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
not all parts people are lazy or useless,i worked for a dealership in the parts dept (i left a year last september),if someone wanted a part i would do my best to get the part,no matter how many phone calls,i even managed to get locking wheel nut keys without the key no,by taking a photo with my mobile phone,i did this a few times.if some one wanted a part i would try my hardest because anything i sold went towards my commision (as i was a top seller i would get around £100 per week minimum) and also it was my job,i was paid a basic wage to order parts,doesnt matter if the part cost 1p or £2000
Agreed, all depends on which dealer you go. Ive had good and bad. Some of the guys have gone above and beyond to find me parts, others have just looked at me funny and told me they cant help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts