Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ive got a little problem,i lost the key for my locking wheel nuts!
i did have a number to get a new one but when i found it,it had gotton wet and impossible to read.
A mate at tanvic managed to get 3 of them out but rounded the face off the fourth.....my mot is due on the 18th and i desperatly need rear discs and pads and guess which wheel has the locking nut still on it!

Any ideas anyone????

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
gaitor grip thingy? drill into it and use a stud extractor? not sure if they will work though.

·
Banned
492 Posts
i hasd this very problem recently, had to get bolts welded onto the offending studs then could get a socket on that. The only problem is there is now burn marks where the bolt was welded on

·
Registered
94 Posts
I turned down a socket, heated it with mega heat hammered on, let cool, apply WD40 or something and then got breaker bar and Long handle. Worked a treat.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
when my key went crap and didnt have any grip on my locking nuts, i ended up having to go to local tyre place and have them remove them. Other than that or advice above, i dont know any other way you can get them off

·
Registered
227 Posts
This happened to my neighbour. He went to the local ATS and they had it off in seconds. They probably see this day in day out.:up:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts