Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
VXON's mini owner
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again, recently ive spent quite a bit on the cav its had new front shocks, wishbones and anti roll bar drop links. As a result of this it drives like new apart from a sort of distant rumbling/ knocking that i think comes from the passenger side front wheel area. It strangely only seems to occur when turning slightly to the left but not on full lock or straight ahead.:rolleyes:

I was thinking that it might be the cv joint as the car has done 122k now?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Bushes, cv joint but I reckon bearing.

Hope that helps.

·
VXON's mini owner
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha dunno, i even thought it could be an engine mount collapsed, ive checked all the mounts and the only one with any play is the one the alternator belt passes through...........weird!:rolleyes:

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
sounds like a cv joint. although you would have thought it would have done it on full lock. is the ring nut tight that secures the shocker insert into the strut?

AND

if it has had ARB links then sometimes if these dont line up properly with the hole in the wishbone, for what ever reason, it can knock a bit. did it do it before you had this work done?

·
VXON's mini owner
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow lots of ideas coming in from you all:Cool2: , erm the top mounts and bearings were fine when i had it all apart when i did the shocks, i changed the anti roll bar drop links today and made sure they lined up nicely with the holes in the wishbones, its hard to say when this particular noise started because of the noise i had from the worn shocks/anti roll bar mounts previously.:lmao:

However it does seem to be getting slowly worse:shame:

Nearly forgot to say........ i do get a clunk sometimes on gearchanges when letting the clutch out? and it feels like its coming from down behind the pedals/ lower bulkhead?

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
thats a bit of a strange one. im frightened to ask and i had hoped that someone else would have. but ah fek it, did you use wishbone sleeves or not? personal preference i know but just a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
robbie1380 said:
Nearly forgot to say........ i do get a clunk sometimes on gearchanges when letting the clutch out? and it feels like its coming from down behind the pedals/ lower bulkhead?
Did a clutch on a 206 last week, only symptom was a slight clunk on engaging clutch and a knock when straight ahead at low speed. Changed the clutch as there was a noise like a worn bearing - forced me to open it up and look - the friction material had separated completely from the backing. New clutch - all noises gone!

Moral of the story? i spent ages tryin to find a suspension/inner CV joint fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts