Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, the headlight bulb holders of my Vectra A literally melted (don't ask me how, but they did! :shame: ). So anyway, I bought a pair of new holders (non-vauxhall) and wired them up. However afterwards, I have blown (literally, again, into pieces) a pair of headlight bulbs. I think I buggered the connections since the new holders had different colored wires than those of the original...

So, I would like to ask you guys what color of wire goes where with the bulb holders. I think I mixed them up, that's why the "exploding" bulbs (I rewired them at night, stupid move :down: )... The holder has two vertical and one horizontal connectors...

Please help! It's becoming expensive (and dangerous) not to fix this.

Cheers guys!

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Vectra A over there may well be the MK3 Cavvy.

I'll look in my haynes in a bit

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Envoy CDX said:
Vectra A over there may well be the MK3 Cavvy.

I'll look in my haynes in a bit
Yup, indeed, the VecA is indeed the MK3 Cavvy here. Will be waiting for ur reply EnvoyCDX, and thanks in advance... :Cool2:

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
yellow, brown and white wires.. still looking for my haynes manual (and am at work.. doing what I can)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sir_bombalong said:
what wattage bulbs are you running??
90W blue xenon replacement bulbs... were using these same types before the holder meltdown and i was not blowing any... it was only after i replaced the holders that they blew one afte the other :shame:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Envoy CDX said:
yellow, brown and white wires.. still looking for my haynes manual (and am at work.. doing what I can)
yup, correct, yellow, brown and white wires... although i could not tell the yellow from the brown wires as both were faded quite bad, so i must have hooked them up wrongly... :crying_2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts