Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The turbo actuator in my car is sticking and causing the error P0299

Problem is I cannot for the life of me find the part anywhere online.

I don't suppose anyone has any recommendations at all?

My car is an Astra J 2014 Ecoflex 1.6 Diesel

·
Premium Member
13,550 Posts
Here is a parts list for the Garrett GT1241Z which i believe is the turbo fitted to the B16DTL engine..these have a conventional wastegate so maybe its that whats sticking not the actuator, only way to find out is to unbolt the actuator from the turbo housing and see how freely the wastegate moves, you should also check the boost control solenoid and its vacuum supplies.............http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/garrett_parts_list/756068-0001.php

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a parts list for the Garrett GT1241Z which i believe is the turbo fitted to the B16DTL engine..these have a conventional wastegate so maybe its that whats sticking not the actuator, only way to find out is to unbolt the actuator from the turbo housing and see how freely the wastegate moves, you should also check the boost control solenoid and its vacuum supplies.............http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/garrett_parts_list/756068-0001.php
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I cannot find anywhere that has this part to buy from.
Ive only recently owned this vehicle so have little knowledge of how to pull it apart, not too many online tutorials to follow!
But I'll see what I can find and go from there just very tricky at the moment.
Thank you!

·
1,647 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
As you have only recently bought the car, had it been stood not being used for some time prior to you getting it?
If so, it may be that the actuator shaft in the turbo has seized up from lack of use. You could try getting some WD40 or similar where the actuator shaft goes into the turbo.
I would have thought it unlikely to be the actual vacuum actuator at fault, on that age of vehicle.
If you look at the link posted by Andyl, you can see the actuator diaphragm unit, and where it connects to. The arm it connects to has to be free to move back & fore. If you open the link on a computer, hover the cursor over the picture & it enlarges.
Looking at the picture, the actuator is only held on by two bolts, so, depending on where it is fitted on your car, it should be easy to remove to check the actuator shaft on the turbo is free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts