Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...
I came across your site while searching for an answer to the problem we came accross with the car today. I've just spent the last 2 hours learning loads about the Omega, what a GREAT informative site :eek:)

I realise there have been a few posts about this problem so far, so apologise for raising it again....

Car has been off the road for a few weeks awaiting parts, and another garage appointment. Although we have started it every few days or so.... a couple of days ago we opened the doors with the keyfob on the central locking, but the battery was too flat to start the car. We then closed the doors agin using the keyfob. Thinking no more about it... we went to get the battery out of it today to charge it up, an yes, we found ourselves locked out! The key we have is a little weak, and we are pretty sure that it will break in the lock if we force it any more than we have done (even after spraying the lock). We even have a small child handy to send through from the boot, but we were unable to get that open either. The car is parked on a fairly steep hill (we are in Wales! ;o)) so jacking it up isn't an option either.

I realise that this is my first post, and I am not known on this site as yet... but noticed that a few people had sent pm's to other members offering them further assistance, and wondered if anyone could help us an further?

I don't want to have to smash a window if at all possible, and even a call to the local police, to ask them if they could break into the car for us failed when they found out it was a Vauxhall Omega. The reply we had was..... Yes, we have a tool here to get into cars, but unfortunately Omega's are very difficult to get into, and they were sorry to be of no help. They did however advise us to try the 'forcing the key in the lock' method.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.... :lmao: thanks

Ikea

·
Registered
400 Posts
welcome to the forum ikea, are you a aa or rac member, they will get in for you. if not you can try using a tennis ball with a small hole cut in it, place said tennis ball over the lock then press or hit hard, presure should unlock the door you might have to try this a few times before it opens, failing that other forum members will be along soon to offer assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Robs omega... Yes I do have breakdown assistance...typically though I don't have the home-start option! So I am not covered this close to home. I will pop to the shops for a tennis ball tomorrow.... all ideas are appreciated at this stage... We drew a total blank yesterday....! Luckily, as we have other transport arrangements for the time being, we can almost see the funny side of it, or at least we will when the doors are open, and we are in again. ;o) I need to be able to drive it to the garage in a few days time.
Thanks again
Ikea

·
Registered
320 Posts
If the key is weak then it will be worth while replacing it now so that it does not break in the future. If you have the security details on the VX passport card then get a new key cut and get it programmed later when you can move the car. Failing this get a cheap key cut dont worry about the chip etc just to get into the car as you can push harder to turn the lock. These cost about £8 from hardware stores this is your best bet. Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
You can open boot easily enough, you mat be able to get sufficent charge into batt to start by connecting charger across boot light?

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
when I needed to get into mine due to the remote not working, I used the "turn it hard" method ... put key in door, turned to the left - a bit stiffer than normal but you could feel it free up towards the end of travel - then turned right as normal and it opened no probs. Try that?

·
Registered
761 Posts
sounds2k said:
when I needed to get into mine due to the remote not working, I used the "turn it hard" method ... put key in door, turned to the left - a bit stiffer than normal but you could feel it free up towards the end of travel - then turned right as normal and it opened no probs. Try that?

problem here is the weak key, break it and he is really stuffed as this method requires quite a bit of force, done it once and was alarmed at how hard you had to turn it!

Personally id go for the copy key and then the forced lock way - it is advised by vauxhall, im sure there is another way using jump leds and another car but youd have to have bonnet open OR be able to get under neath to attach leads, and you say it cant be jacked up . . :crying_2:

best of luck;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts