Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am owning a Omega and found this site. You are welcome to me and I am happy here today. My car is very nice and is good driving car for here. Hello England.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Atlantean said:
What about the rest of us? ;)
Exactly, we have members from all over the world mate.;)

Welcome to VxON :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, to everyone welcome from me. My car is 1997 Omega 2.5 CDX. It is gold colour and is fine working. My friend and we change all parts like timing belt with tensions and also the camshafts cover boxes we changed because leaks. We cast 2 new covers in aluminium from negatives we make with old covers. The gaskets is now cork and they do not leak anymore. Also we change water pumps and also we change computer display because broken pixels. Also we change transmission oils and filters for the automatic transmission. The car is very quick and nice driving. On tomorrow we go to Munich for football and will give fast driving on the Autobahns where they have no speeds. I believe this car will do over 220kph and will be fun.

Thank you

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hallo MIJ ben verheugd u zitten liking naar de wagen. Zitten u vreugde scheppen rug zwenking toer? MIJ ben.
:Cool2:

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
CallyT said:
Hallo MIJ ben verheugd u zitten liking naar de wagen. Zitten u vreugde scheppen rug zwenking toer? MIJ ben.
OMG we've turned into a foreign language site:lmao:

Nice people the Dutch, very polite.

Pity the Engish landuage is a bit harsh on them, as in, double dutch, going dutch, dutch cap etc:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Welcome Dutchman, glad to hear that you have done all that work on your Omega, keeps it good for the next 100,000 miles.

Now about this Aluminium cast, could this be supplied by you to UK mainland and Ireland? I'm positive their will be plenty business from here.

·
Registered
367 Posts
dutchman said:
also the camshafts cover boxes we changed because leaks. We cast 2 new covers in aluminium from negatives we make with old covers. The gaskets is now cork and they do not leak anymore.

Thank you
FINLAY here's the Cure :Cool2:

Welcome Dutchman to VXON

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
TronicV6 said:
FINLAY here's the Cure :Cool2:

Welcome Dutchman to VXON
I doubt it....cork gaskets go just the same as rubber ones and its not the cam cover that is failing, its the gasket.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found cork cam cover gaskets to be terrible, too soft. Maybe on this application they are ok, but on all sohc vauxs I've had they were a waste of time.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CallyT said:
Uw nederlands is niet zo slecht. Waarom denk u mijn rug zwenkt?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.