Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i have a problem with the temperature control on my car.
If i set it to the coldest setting it blows cold air but as soon as i turn it 1 notch it goes to its full hot temperature, there is nothing between red hot or freezing cold.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No mate Ive not I just bought an antara in November and it's spent the last 3 weeks in vauxhall waiting for a dpf how long you had yours and have you had many probs with it ?I'm hoping Ive not bought a whole lot of problems sorry not been no help with your problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, had mine about a month now and apart from the above fault its been fine.
The car is for my wife and will only do about 6000 a year so should be fine.
I sell Mazda's for a living and dpf's are a pain in the ass all all makes but some are worse than others

·
Registered
13 Posts
We don't do many miles in ours my wife uses it for work mainly, I got the van so when I get it back il give it a weekly blast up the motorway just to clear the cobwebs out had Sri vectra diesel before this car no probs at all hope someone comes up with an answer to your question

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to do about 15 mins at a minimum of 1600 rpm to get the car to do a regeneration, and that will need doing at least once every six weeks but 4 would be better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We have a 09 SE and I've always found the temperature setting difficult to get right. In the current cold weather it behaves like you describe. In warmer weather its a little better, but we still find we have to either adjust the temperature frequently if left on auto. Sometimes we find that setting the fan speed manually helps.

We have mentioned this to our local dealer, but aparently its a characteristic of this car and normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There seems to be no difference between 17 and 26 on our heat settings, they all blow very hot or if you put it on the lowest very cold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts