Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello owners,
My 2.5V6 Estate is a real Friday car me thinks...!!!

Can anyone help please ......Heater does not seem to vent anything but a fan noise......theres hardly any air or heat coming from the face vents or the floor vents.......however it does blow air to the windscreen, but that is not very warm at all either.

When the vent setting is on face or floor it doesnt seem to do anything really but roar and still mainly come out of the windscreen vent.

The Temp gauge looks ok ...doesnt boil but does seem to wander abit from 90-95....would have thought that was fairly normal as fan would cut in to do this ???
But the heat in the cabin is virtually non existent......!!!

I have noticed under the expansion coolant header bottle that the unit....I believe is the AUX WATER PUMP has stopped making a brrrrrring noice when on ignition.....is that normal...???
What does this pump actually do for the car ?....and if its not working would it have anything to do with this problem??
How can i test this item??

PS I have already changed the HBV so that area is covered...!!
I am trying to work round this car and rectifying its problems although it looks like i have got to revisit the Rocker seal drivers side.......leaking again after only 3 weeks with a new seal and sealant on it...!!! I read your hassles too Ron McB.

anyone help with this cold air in cabin please??

Cheers
Monza Gal

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Hello,

Reading a previous post, have you recently been digging around near the coolant bridge? There's a vac pipe round here that runs from the union on the brake servo hose, and runs into the climate module on the passenger side, is it possible this could have been disturbed when you were down in this area?

Other things to check could be the fuse for the aux coolant pump, though not all cars have this. My 1997 2.5 has not got this aux coolant pump. I believe it was an option.

Check also the vac pipe going into the top of the heater bypass valve, if this is missing, the valve won't open to let any warm water in.

On the front of you cam cover gasket, when I did mine last sunday, I thoroughly cleaned the crankcase breathers, as they were rather blocked. Pressure build up here will cause the gaskets to weep slightly.

HTH,

James.

·
Registered
64 Posts
On mine is was a blocked heater matrix. Easy to solve, hose pipe onto the out pipe of the matrix, and watch all the muck come out!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts