Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
I've never taken the radio out when i've done mine but saying that i've only been changing the bulb which only needs the panel to come forwards out of the dash about 2 inches to get at the bulbholder.

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my bulb went, so i got one with led's in :D

just have to work out how to completely remove it and and put new one in...
if the stereo has to come out it's going to be a nightmare :(

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Its screwed in,take the column shrouds off (3 screws underneath and 2 behind steering wheel),then remove the top and bottom trims that go around the clocks,The bottom half you need to pull forwards slightly and bend in the middle to remove as it clips in place behind the heater panel and dash,the top bit is held in with a screw each side,It is easyer if you unclip the indicator stalk as it gets in the way.Then take out you timeclock or trip computer (just clips out)and theres either 1 or 2 screws behind there.you should then be able to pull the panel forwars slightly.thats as far as i've ever needed to go TBH,the hardest bit for you will be the heater control cables one you release the panel.

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Robmk3 said:
Its screwed in,take the column shrouds off (3 screws underneath and 2 behind steering wheel),then remove the top and bottom trims that go around the clocks,The bottom half you need to pull forwards slightly and bend in the middle to remove as it clips in place behind the heater panel and dash,the top bit is held in with a screw each side,It is easyer if you unclip the indicator stalk as it gets in the way.Then take out you timeclock or trip computer (just clips out)and theres either 1 or 2 screws behind there.you should then be able to pull the panel forwars slightly.thats as far as i've ever needed to go TBH,the hardest bit for you will be the heater control cables one you release the panel.
ok, thanks :)
i better make a start on it...

be back when i get stuck probably :)

C

·
0 Posts
paulwr said:
ok, thanks :)
i better make a start on it...

be back when i get stuck probably :)
Good instructions, another that's done the job a few times I bet :lmao:
Can get to the bulb easy enough with long nose pliers, never removed heater cables, don't reckon they'd be fun.

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
CallyT said:
Good instructions, another that's done the job a few times I bet :lmao:
Can get to the bulb easy enough with long nose pliers, never removed heater cables, don't reckon they'd be fun.
Heater cables are a pig lol :lmao:

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
CallyT said:
One on my calibra didn't work, so just turned flap so directed permenantly on my feet. Simple :rolleyes:
I don't use the car yet so will have to try and do it properly I think....

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
paulwr said:
i've undone the screws, two each side, but it won't pull out at all :(
Just pull on it if the screws are out, push the clock plug through the hole so thats out the way then tug at it and it'll come out, or if it helps I'll get pics of my heater panel hanging out if ya like?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts