Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have just noticed on my wifes cavalier that the heater and rear demister doesnt work. It worked last night, but it no longer works.

I hacve checked fuse 4 and replaced with another 30 green one, but this has not fixed the problem.

Does anyone know if there is a relay in the engine bay or somewhere else that may fix the problem, as the relay for the rear screen is not clicking on or off.

Kind Regards

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so where is the switch.
do you mean the rear screen swithc itself? I doubt it is that , as the heater no longer works either nor does the rear screen.

Any one any ideas?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i doubt it is the switch and the heater both gone at the same time....I will put a rear screen switch on from my other cav, but doubt it will do the job.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
oh right sorry i didnt realise the heater had gone too i thought you just meant the 'heated' rear screen. sorry mate. no i doubt that too.

just RE read thread title. DOH!!!!!! lol.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
heater, is possibly caused by a resistor under the skuttle panel under the bonnet - there is a how to on how to replace this.

as for the rear window. its most likely to be one of the tracks or a iffy relay possibly.

You could try replacing the heater on off switch. I know mine did this when i first got my car, but luckily it was just a blown fuse.

You could also check the wiring behind the fuse panel.

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Does the demister switch illuminate when switched on.?

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
C3MKY said:
Does the demister switch illuminate when switched on.?
Mickey why do you ask that mate? cos that is exactly what mine does on occasions? but then all of a sudden begins to work again is that just the switch?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
stuart002 said:
Mickey why do you ask that mate? cos that is exactly what mine does on occasions? but then all of a sudden begins to work again is that just the switch?
indicates a fault omewhere - interior light / cigerette lighter fuse fault i think.

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
stuart002 said:
Have you tried another switch? ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay, rear demister works fine now. but the heater is still not working.
checked fuses all okay.
is there a relay or swithc somewhere else for this.also very dim but is the skuttle tray the shitty black coverunder the bonnet near the wipers etc.

any help would be great.
ta

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
pompey69 said:
okay, rear demister works fine now..
Was it the switch?

As for the heater..
Envoy CDX said:
heater, is possibly caused by a resistor under the skuttle panel under the bonnet - there is a how to on how to replace this.
HOW2

Failing that, the wheel switch may need replacing.

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
jimscavsri16v said:
my heated rear screen switch sometimes doesnt light up :eh: tried another switch and that didnt work at all so went back to old one.........when it doesnt light up i dont hear a click from fuse box,could this be a dodgy relay??
try a known working switch ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
okay, stranger and stranger, heater came on this morning whilst driving, turned it off as it was on full. then back on and nothing happened. very weird...any ideas ?
is this a loose connection somewhere?

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
yeah its probably the wheel switch like Micky said. had the same problem on my old cav, needed to replace the switch!

My rear demister doesn't work either. I have known working switch and relay fitted but when i press the switch the relay just clicks. I guess this is due to a broken connection - i will have to get out the old multimeter ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts