Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 insignia 2.0 Ctdi. A pheasant broke my headlight (drivers side), so ordered a replacement to fit myself.

Any tips and tools I need? Please also tell me I don't need to take the bumper off. .

Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
You don't need to take the bumper off!......oh actually you do sorry, there is a bolt under headlamp behind bumper I'm affaid. so torx screws across the top of the bumper 5 I belive, then 3 in each wheel arch,then underneath there in 4 plastic rivets to remove.(remove the centre of them first then they will come out) Then also underneath there is two brackets with torx bolts through them, these need to be loosened not removed, then one more torx bolt in wheel arch but seen from underneath. then you need to pull gentle on the top of the bumper at the wheel arch to release the bumper from its fixing brackets both sides, then lift from the top and the whole bumper will come away,then unplug multi plug and may be fogs and it's away.......you can then tackel the head lamp. there either 7 or 8 mm bolts two at the top and one underneath, I think a small plastic trim covers the lower bolt so just unclip it first.remove plug and your done!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2010 insignia 2.0 Ctdi. A pheasant broke my headlight (drivers side), so ordered a replacement to fit myself.

Any tips and tools I need? Please also tell me I don't need to take the bumper off. .

Thank you
What you pay for for headlight unit ?

I've just had to replace mine as it was leaking water which caused the controller on the xenon lights to fail.

Cost me £1280 I total :-(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What you pay for for headlight unit ?

I've just had to replace mine as it was leaking water which caused the controller on the xenon lights to fail.

Cost me £1280 I total :(
I'm completing this weekend, hopefully just the cost of the unit which I got for £65. Ouch , I've not got the xenon lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts