Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
Im new to this forum and havn`t been able to find info i am after so hopefully someone out there can give me some info as sri woody is a good freind and said ever stuck use this site as if it aint here it aint worth worrying about.

So to my question i have just found my head gasket has blown removed head and think it may be warped if so can anyone tell me how much it may cost and if there is anywhere in the hampshire area that can do it fast as i need the car sorted in this next week.

any help very much apreciated
many thanx

·
Registered
134 Posts
what did you use to test the head ? i use the back of a good hand saw and feeler gauges and try to get the thinnest guage to fit in any where across the head in lots of directions
because the back of a saw is straight you can find a warp of a few thou easy
if you need to get it skimmed ask the machine shop how much they take off will move the cam timing as you may need to go to ajustable cam wheels to put the cam timming right

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used a metal ruler but not to sure now how square it was now as a secound opinion found one side of ruler it was fine the other side said it was warped quite bad. But since your reply i will try my hand saw.

Many thanks will post out come.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good job we have the use of a engineering work shop eh mental,if you wasnt so lasy you would have done that in the first place:lmao: .So the up date is mentals head is not warped,well the one on his car isnt not sure about his though:bananasmi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glad thats over

well thanks to sriwoody problem all solved now head back on and all working fine but just for you all to giggle at it helps when you remember to conect the egr valve back up so the ecu dosn`t come up with a fault :lmao:

Thanks too all the help this site provided it was really usefull this is so the way foward thanks again all.

Will be using this site again no dout.
:bananasmi :Cool2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts