Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To help me get to know the car/engine better was going to get the Haynes and poke about a bit.
Picked one up today - quick look over the book - big block print say it does all petrol & diesel models 95-99...... Get home and before removing cellophane notice the teeny print saying it does not cover the V6, GSi or SuperTouring models.:shame: :grrr

So will take it back - refund.

But what the heck is best book to get.... keep the one I have for the parts that are the same (if there are any)....... or get the Omega V6 book for the same period as I imagine it is the same V6 engine set up.... to a certain extent anyway.
Or best to have both...?

Even checked up the Haynes website and they dont do a V6 Vec book at all.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=34599&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=14542&top_category=10001

or is there something I am missing.........

·
Registered
134 Posts
haynes need to have so many sales before they think of doing a book
so a small market car like the V6 will not be worth there time to print

i dont know if they will do a book just on the engine as they have done for some engines where there was no option in the range when its new and they dont cover it then the engine gets used in loads of cars

ask a scorpio driver what there haynes is like :lmao: they get all upset :grrr

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bazopelgt said:
haynes need to have so many sales before they think of doing a book
so a small market car like the V6 will not be worth there time to print

i dont know if they will do a book just on the engine as they have done for some engines where there was no option in the range when its new and they dont cover it then the engine gets used in loads of cars

ask a scorpio driver what there haynes is like :lmao: they get all upset :grrr

I can understand the market forces thing - from Haynes point of view - but still a little ticked off over it...... will ask the guys at the Motor shop when I take it back..... did have a look over the haynes website, but it wasnt too enlightening.

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
~If you are not going to be messing with the engine then you may aswell keep it as the rest is still relevant.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
goonas-uk said:
~If you are not going to be messing with the engine then you may aswell keep it as the rest is still relevant.
am toying with that idea too.......

just wasnt sure how much 'swap over' there was between the various vectra's - thinking about my heating issue in another thread...and finding that valve that is reckoned to be the problem..

and any idea whether it is worth picking up an Omega V6 one just for the engine related stuff.... or is it 'too different' to be of any use?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Haynes manuals
They do not cover the lpg conversions either perhaps a little complicated for them or as pointed out not enough about

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is a Haynes engine suppliment available for the V6 engine as I found out when I bought the "Book of Lies" for my (much missed) Cav V6. Can't remember what it was called or how much it cost, but it was definately available a couple of years ago. Go and ask your friendly local motor factor who'll be more than happy to help you (even if its just to take back some of his business from Halfrauds)

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
am downloading that at the mo and will have a look when it's done :Cool2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts