Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am currently driving a vauxhall corsa d sxi 1.4 58 plate, this is my first car so I don't have any real experience when it comes to dealing with cars.
However, I've owned it about a month now and its been having a few issues.
The spanner light which I believe is the electrical or transmission light, orange, appears sometimes when Im driving (mainly cold mornings). It almost loses power during driving, or when im stationary at some lights, when i go to set off its like there is a delay and the revs just wont go up past 10 unless i put foot on floor for a few seconds then it decides to go.
When I took it to a friend of mine who works with cars he thought it could be coil and looked under bonnet and said its not been serviced by garage i bought it from.
me and my dad then serviced it and also fitted a new coil, at first it drove better but the more i drove i understood that it was whenever i had the heating on or the button that cleared the back windows this is when the light appeared and the car seemed to drive strange as described with losing power.
Can anyone help me out on what this could be and any solutions?
P.S the light has appeared before even without the heating on and even drives how ive described with it being lazy when the heating is on but no light(if i gave it time light would appear)
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Have the battery tested or perform some tests yourself
With voltmeter,
U got a voltmeter?

Louie20 could be on the money with his diagnosis , when a battery is old it don't hold charge too well battery volts between 11.5-12.5v for a healthy battery to start a car and run well on charge.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks both of you for your reply, sorry for my late but I am taking the car to a local garage tonight and the owner spoke to my dad and he's said it could be the EGR valve, ive googled this and all the symptoms seem to match perfectly, think this could be the issue, but will also inform him about checking the battery, thanks for your help again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.