Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first of all my car is a 1990 gsi 2000 cav. I have the car nearly a year now and the car is going really well. The porblem first startrd about 2 months ago. One day i started my car and i heard like a fast clicking noise comeing from my engine and sence then it has just started getting worse and worse. It only really makes the nosise when the car is cold. The em light is also comeing on and off but it only really comes on when i put my foot down and goes off when i drive easy. The car also idols the revs when ticking over. I would be very greatfull if any one knows what it is or think they might know could let me know thanks.

·
Well-Known User.
4,290 Posts
Hiya Mate, there are probably common faults to look at but if no one's saying what they are then you should find out what's causing the em light to come on, the ecu will have fault codes stored in it's memory, 'paper clip' them out!

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
If it has started clicking from the top of the engine when cold which then reduces or goes away as the engine warms up, you have tappets that are 'clogging up'. First attempt to cure it (before taking them out to replace or clean) is to get a bottle of Wynns Hydraulic Tappet Cleaner, about £5, put it in, run the car for about 1000 miles and change the oil and put a good 10-40 in (Vauxhall semi synthetic is good). If you are lucky the noise has gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.