Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have started my 2lt 16v convertion to my nova i have heard aot of different thing like what it can keep up with and blow away was wondering what kinda time one does the quater mile in and if ne one has ne storys of what they have left in there dust would love to hear them would like to know what i can expect from mine

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
They usually run mid to low 14's for the 1/4 mile.

I used to hold off things like Porsche Boxters, Jag XK8's, and standard turbo'd Scoobies etc, but don't go thinking you'll be able to 'blow these cars away',.........that's what the LET's for.

Here's my old shed, badged as a 1.2L..................

C

·
0 Posts
Dan Gliballs said:
They usually run mid to low 14's for the 1/4 mile.

I used to hold off things like Porsche Boxters, Jag XK8's, and standard turbo'd Scoobies etc, but don't go thinking you'll be able to 'blow these cars away',.........that's what the LET's for.
Sounds slow really. Guess if they weigh a ton they're only 150bhp per tonne or so?

·
Vxon's Team Peugeot representive
2,104 Posts
CallyT said:
Sounds slow really. Guess if they weigh a ton they're only 150bhp per tonne or so?

I wouldnt class as Dan Gliballs said mid to low 14's FWD car slow at all.
Would you M3 get low 14's?? Cant be far off the same. and in a FWD is quite good IMO

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
kazsymonds said:
Not quicker than a 24v V6 Cally chap.
XE Novas bury V6 Cali-bras dude :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

C

·
0 Posts
Huggy Bear said:
I wouldnt class as Dan Gliballs said mid to low 14's FWD car slow at all.
Would you M3 get low 14's?? Cant be far off the same. and in a FWD is quite good IMO
About 14 dead for the M3, without putting in a twice as powerful engine that is....:Cool2:

·
2,104 Posts
CallyT said:
About 14 dead for the M3, without putting in a twice as powerful engine that is....:Cool2:
Depends on what engine is removed from the nova does it not.

Also, only a few tenths of a second quicker for car that has 1000cc more double the power and is RWD should conclude in this saying that XE novas are far from slow.

C

·
0 Posts
A few tenths are a lifetime on the strip.

Edit: Just checked, for a 156bhp nova to hit a mid 14 would need to weigh 850 kgs.

·
2,104 Posts
So a reported time of an M3 evo are 13.8 which makes it a few tenths quicker then yours. So an EVO is a lifetime quicker then yours.

Im sorry but a Nova XE is not slow, and a non evo M3 only betting it buy a few tenths says the nova is fast considering it has to deal with alot of power through the front wheels to get a good start.

What would it be like on a rolling start between the two cars??

C

·
0 Posts
Huggy Bear said:
So a reported time of an M3 evo are 13.8 which makes it a few tenths quicker then yours. So an EVO is a lifetime quicker then yours.

Im sorry but a Nova XE is not slow, and a non evo M3 only betting it buy a few tenths says the nova is fast considering it has to deal with alot of power through the front wheels to get a good start.

What would it be like on a rolling start between the two cars??
What's with all the hostility?
Thought an XE nova would have achieved a better time than that, looking at the power to weight ratio I can understand it.

XE novas are the best cars ever :Cool2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
well people iv seen a nova thats been in a few mags and it had a 2.0ltr 8v turbo and it runs 11sec quater.... and the car is blue with a orange band over it and its got a name of iisacunt on it....and if i look hard enuf il find pictures and timing tickets aswell.... for this car

1 - 20 of 21 Posts