Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Likes this.
10,893 Posts
The old tape Spectrum/Commodore things took so long to complete a game because it took 10 minutes to load. I'd regularly have to take 2 or 3 goes to load a C64 game, especially if it was copied onto an audio tape :)
Sometimes you had to get the volume dead right or it would error halfway through loading :LOL:

I used to have one of the "ZX Printers" too - that used to create thermal printouts. Absolute rubbish, but I loved it at the time :D

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,746 Posts
*Sometimes you had to get the volume dead right or it would error halfway through loading :LOL:

*I used to have one of the "ZX Printers" too - that used to create thermal printouts. Absolute rubbish, but I loved it at the time :D
*Yep, on the single-speaker tape deck. Accompanied by lots of arguments as to whether BOTH phono leads had to be plugged in or not ('Ear' and 'Mic').

*Skinny little things they were!

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Well I enjoy it, I have an Xbox one for modern games.
It's sometimes great to play the old games we used to play.
Some are very simple and others are not.
Mega drive games and Amiga games, Spectrum games, do play them online from time to time.
Outrun online is good, reminds me of being a kid playing in the arcades.
Another thing lost now is the Arcades down the town.
everyone has better games consoles at home and play online.

·
Premium Member
10,542 Posts
Well I enjoy it, I have an Xbox one for modern games.
It's sometimes great to play the old games we used to play.
Some are very simple and others are not.
Mega drive games and Amiga games, Spectrum games, do play them online from time to time.
Outrun online is good, reminds me of being a kid playing in the arcades.
Another thing lost now is the Arcades down the town.
everyone has better games consoles at home and play online.
I like playing R-Type online got it on my phone and tablet as well, Arcades priced themselves out of the market before the powerful consoles came around, 10p a game then 20p, then 50p then I stopped going when they became a £1 a game and a used to like playing Centipede as well.

·
Premium Member
14,124 Posts
I remember playing pong tennis on the old t.v, that must have been one of the first so called home console games. Around the mid to late 70's I think, then moved onto Atari Space Invaders. I think the Spectrum Plus was probably the biggest jump into console technology for me back then. loading those c90's in.
My favorite arcade game back then was "defender".

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
R-Type was a great game Oberlisc. Did you ever play Hellfire on the Mega Drive?
That was a great shoot em up.
I probably stopped hanging about the arcades 1995 when started College.
Used to be loads of us in town and down the arcades.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts