Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

So I bought a Pioneer after market stereo for my 2008 Zafira B Design (1.9 CDTI). But it can only play videos when the car is parked and the handbrake is on. Thing is, I'm not sure where I need to connect the green wire coming from the stereo to the handbrake wiring.

I know there are ways to bypass this but I would prefer to do the job properly even though it is a pain in the ass.

Could anybody tell me where the wire I need is? I'm hoping it can be found behind the dash somewhere as I don't fancy taking the handbrake covers off.

Any help appreciated :)
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Sometimes in the the settings you can turn it to "handbrake settings off" which i done with mine (its not pioneer) so i didnt bother earthing it properly just taped it to the metal as a back up, you just need to earth it to something metal (not the hand brake)
its not a bodge job doing it this way it just needs an earth... similar to a sub

if you really are going to be the first person to connect to it, i cant help on a zaf sorry im sure someone else can point you in the direction of a wiring diagram or similar

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes in the the settings you can turn it to "handbrake settings off" which i done with mine (its not pioneer) so i didnt bother earthing it properly just taped it to the metal as a back up, you just need to earth it to something metal (not the hand brake)
its not a bodge job doing it this way it just needs an earth... similar to a sub

if you really are going to be the first person to connect to it, i cant help on a zaf sorry im sure someone else can point you in the direction of a wiring diagram or similar
Hey. Thanks for the reply

I tried earthing and it worked!

I was expecting it to be that easy after looking about online but yes was simple.

There's all kinds of "bypass devices" online.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.