Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went for a hundred mile trip today and half way through on the dual carriageway my handbrake light came on I pulled over as soon as in Alnwick to research and when I switched the car back on it was gone it seems to be related to brake fluid but my level was above the min if the distance between min and max was 100% it was about 30% above min so I put a few capfulls of brake fluid in resvoir to max mark and light didn't come back on the last 50 miles so in my head thats it but I'm wise enough to know I don't know everything so if anyone thinks I need to do anything else let me know strange there was no message when light was on?

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
if brake fluid has dropped first place check brake pads as that will let fluid drop.check for leaks but i am puting my money on worn brakes,

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if brake fluid has dropped first place check brake pads as that will let fluid drop.check for leaks but i am puting my money on worn brakes,
All disks and pads changed recently I changed rear caliper also and didn't replace the small amount of fluid that came out this was a couple of weeks ago and the brake fluid was at the same level above min ive topped it up now but there's nothing else I'm missing is that light only for brake fluid and handbrake or can it indicate some other fault in the braking system as I know red lights are to be taken serious

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's only for low fluid and parking brake,so hope it was the plunger turning light on.
Hopefully I felt wheels and they weren't hot as if handbrake was on fingers crossed the top up fixed first time I've ever had that light on in a car ive owned thanks for help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts