Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well although the lifetime guarantee should cover any damage some stores can be very funny about replacing these if you don't have your receipt from the original purchase, they are normally £4.99 but have been reduced to £1 so stock up 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 all available.

Expires 31/08/2017

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-to...ced-professional-precision-ratchet-repair-kit

Halfords Advanced Professional Precision Ratchet Repair Kit
The Halfords Advanced Professional Precision Ratchet Repair Kit is suitable for use with Halfords Advanced 72 tooth precision ratchets. It is designed to simply replace your worn out precision ratchet, saving you money on replacing the whole ratchet.

Halfords Advanced Professional Precision Ratchet Repair KitExtra Info
  • Ideal to repair your worn out precision ratchet
  • 72 tooth ratchet mechanism requires as little as 5° movement
  • Heat treated chrome vanadium for added durability
  • For use with Halfords Advanced 72 tooth precision ratchet

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
1/4 and 3/8 please mate can't go wrong for that price
Bit short of 3/8's in my local but going to try and get manager to order me some in, nearest store to me that had them all was Northallerton, but worry I will prevail.

UPDATE.....

Just been on line and checked store it now says it has the 3/8's in stock so we will see later today when I pay them a visit.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I thought there was a no quibble garuntee on the advanced stuff? Have to admit both my 3/8 and 1/2inch are holding up well, i tend to use my cheap RAC set for the brute stuff now, they also seem to be well made but more sturdy than the Halfords sets.

I'm still looking for a drawer cabinet to house my Halfords stuff, refuse to pay the price they charge.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I thought there was a no quibble garuntee on the advanced stuff? Have to admit both my 3/8 and 1/2inch are holding up well, i tend to use my cheap RAC set for the brute stuff now, they also seem to be well made but more sturdy than the Halfords sets.

I'm still looking for a drawer cabinet to house my Halfords stuff, refuse to pay the price they charge.

The guarantee doesn't cover ratchets as they just claim you have used excessive torque and that's why it's failed. Had this argument a few times with my ratchet spammers. Though I just kept going in until a nicer member of staff exchanged it

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well I can only go from what I was told, so I thought for a £1 I'd waste more than that in diesel just to get to Halfords.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
The guarantee doesn't cover ratchets as they just claim you have used excessive torque and that's why it's failed. Had this argument a few times with my ratchet spammers. Though I just kept going in until a nicer member of staff exchanged it
No quibble should mean just that, I love arguing this stuff in a packed store. Why put it on the box if it doesn't mean what it says. The Mrs stands in embarrassment sometimes.

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True mate, I've never had to use it myself so not sure on whether it truly is "no quibble", would be interesting to find out though.
That's how I found out, took my 1/2 back as it started slipping, woman who served me said do you have your receipt, as I've said I could of bought this 10 years ago plus the ink would of faded by now anyway, so she said she'd do it this once, she gave me the kit and done it myself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I've never had to take anything back to them to be honest. But if I did I wouldn't have any paper work as I bought most of mine from there almost 15years ago now. The only fault ive got is the sockets don't lock on the 3/8 ratchet tight any more due to ware and tare. Apart from that they have lived up to the constant use when I was in the trade and still going strong now.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts

If your looking for a drawer cabinet mate try machine mart they have some fantastic offers on all year round. I got a Clarke HD cabinet a long time ago now and I'm almost sure it was them i got it from.
Sorry for adding this @oberlisc mate
355C3641-0E28-44BB-9DE4-4437158DB977-large.jpg

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cfs308-8-drawer-tool-chest/

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts