Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where have all the GSi's gone?. If anyone knows of one for sale near Merseyside please let me know. :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Whats your budget, and preferences? Modded, 4x4, restorer, or one already T&T etc?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking for a GSi that got a good motor and a solid chassis. Not shy of restoring but would prefer something with MOT. Looking around £600.

E Bay is a struggle as most are to far away to check out on a blinder,

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Again, you may have no option but travel for the right GSi mate.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
I travelled around 300 mile round trip to get my 2nd gsi. 200 miles return for my 4x4, and half of that was on a train to get there ;)

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What will £600 quid get me. I could sueeze up to a grand but would prefer to keep some money. Just dreading travelling for a car thats not as described. Going to have to take the plunge before end of month though. Let me know of any good uns near yourselves.

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Jalapeno said:
What will £600 quid get me. I could sueeze up to a grand but would prefer to keep some money. Just dreading travelling for a car thats not as described. Going to have to take the plunge before end of month though. Let me know of any good uns near yourselves.
You should find something half decent for that but may have to wait as there are a lot of shitters about.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Danboy22uk said:
You should find something half decent for that but may have to wait as there are a lot of shitters about.
tell me about it. saw 2 the other day but you couldnt of made 1 good un out of the pair, and they were asking silly money, i know you can get 300 for the red top, but only if it a runner surley!!!

·
Morris the Bullet Dodger
4,834 Posts
Jalapeno said:
I had the same problem £1000 get you a very nice one £600 gets you one that will probably have rusty arches so you spend another £600 then realise you have spent £1200 when the nice on was £200 less

borrow a few hundred quid if you can as the other way means you still need to borrow a few hundred quid but your car is off the road as well

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I reckon i now the colour and mileage of every GSi on E-Bay and within 100 miles of Liverpool.:shame: Will get 1 if it kills me, will tap the missus up as we have some money saved for fluffy cushions and the usual shite, im sure the old "ill break my old car for bits and sell them on E-Bay" trick will release some funds:lmao:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Danboy22uk said:
I dont know how long anyone can wait Dan with the amount being stripped/crushed this year, and its only March ffs:shake The longer you wait mate, the less chance you will find one in my opinion. £600 should get you one that needs arches, and possibly one with MOT

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
C3MKY said:
I dont know how long anyone can wait Dan with the amount being stripped/crushed this year, and its only March ffs:shake The longer you wait mate, the less chance you will find one in my opinion. £600 should get you one that needs arches, and possibly one with MOT
Yea well rear arches didn't bother me, I was desperate to buy the first GSI for my money, I only had £500 but that got me a MOT'd GSI in need of rear arches, edge of sills slightly gone where arch had, but chassis rails sorted and everything worked, had to bring it back from Ramsgate all the way to Northampton but worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
My Gsi 4x4 cost me £675.Nearly a years MOT,no tax though.Arches are full of filler but dont look extremly out of place and her chassis rails have already been done.Also had some rather strange body mods but it doesnt bother me putting them right.Id only get bored with one i didnt have to tinker with!

Good look with finding one mate.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
mine cost 350. spent almost that on the mot and getting the arch finished for another 125. so its cost me just under a grand.

then the real work starts

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
I Paid £350 for my 4x4 with accident damage. I wont go into what ive spent though.:lmao:

My burgundy gsi 2wd, i paid £300 with no mot or tax, its a 1 owner, with private plate, FVSH, original windscreen, dealer number plates still fitted, had new arches fitted by Vauxhall in 2001 iirc, and cost me £50 to MOT :p :lmao: Sorry Ade, couldn't resist ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dont want to be cheeky guys, but keep your eyes peeled for one in your area, obviously im going to have to travel, but it would be nice to get your opinion of one in your area rather than me having to shell out to view it only to get the frickin train home. Just think it will be going to a good home religiously serviced and lovingly kept. Damn'it!!!!, if i get one the missus can sleep in the garage and the GSi well...

Anyway im still laffin at the Hideous GSi E-Bay link, its a cracker

1 - 20 of 21 Posts