Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am not sure where to post my query about my newly acquired 2007 Astravan Club 1.3 CDTI so thought I'd asl here first.?
Any tips,
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Right folks, where to begin.
I lost my very trusty 05 plate Envoy 1.7 CDTI (Isuzu engine) around 6 weeks ago and have replaced it with a 07 plate Club 1.3 CDTI (ECOTEC engine).
My questions.
When I went to tax the van, the price on the gov website came up at £275.
The old 1.7CDTI only cost £140.
Can anyone explain why this should be?

Secondly, can anyone tell what the correct size tyres should be for this van as standard?
At present it has 5 stud steel wheels with 195/65/R15 tyres, which I suspect are a little over the top for a non-sportiv 1.3 van.

Thirdly, having had the van for just one day I got a puncture. No problem I thought, just swap it for the spare.
So imagine my misery when I retrieved the spare from the back and found it to be a 4 stud steel wheel with a completely different sized tyre. So now I am on the hunt for the correct steel wheel for this vehicle.
Anyone got one they might be willing to part with? Or can anyone tell me the best place to get one? I wondered if the wheel was something of a standard item which did not differ in size between the Astravan a ordinary Astra estate car or people carrier? I.e. so long it was a 5 stud wheel, it would fit ok?

Finally, the new van has a tinted glass rear window - is this a standard feature on the later Astravans?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to jump on your post but I’m not sure where to put mine, can someone help or shift it please. 2014 astra j and mileage led bulb gone, just wondering will this be one of them things that costs a small
Fourtune? Thanks sorry for jumping on

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Right folks, where to begin.
I lost my very trusty 05 plate Envoy 1.7 CDTI (Isuzu engine) around 6 weeks ago and have replaced it with a 07 plate Club 1.3 CDTI (ECOTEC engine).
My questions.
When I went to tax the van, the price on the gov website came up at £275.
The old 1.7CDTI only cost £140.
Can anyone explain why this should be?

Secondly, can anyone tell what the correct size tyres should be for this van as standard?
At present it has 5 stud steel wheels with 195/65/R15 tyres, which I suspect are a little over the top for a non-sportiv 1.3 van.

Thirdly, having had the van for just one day I got a puncture. No problem I thought, just swap it for the spare.
So imagine my misery when I retrieved the spare from the back and found it to be a 4 stud steel wheel with a completely different sized tyre. So now I am on the hunt for the correct steel wheel for this vehicle.
Anyone got one they might be willing to part with? Or can anyone tell me the best place to get one? I wondered if the wheel was something of a standard item which did not differ in size between the Astravan a ordinary Astra estate car or people carrier? I.e. so long it was a 5 stud wheel, it would fit ok?

Finally, the new van has a tinted glass rear window - is this a standard feature on the later Astravans?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
195/65/R15 is the standard tyre size even for the 1.3.
Any 5 stud wheel from the same generation of Astra MK5 will fit, the body style makes no difference.

You should easily be able to find a wheel at your local breakers yard.

It seems others are having the same issue with VED on an 07 1.3CDTI van road tax astra van 07 1.3cdti

1 - 7 of 7 Posts