Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have got this irritating clutch judder problem on my veccy sri140 in that when you set off from a standstill, i get a judder throught the clutch pedal. Done all the easier stuff (engine mounts etc) but problem persists. Coming to the conclusion that the problem is either with the clutch / release bearing or flywheel all of which obviously require the gearbox out to investigate. What i am looking for is a guide to removing the box - loads of threads relating to but nothing comprehensive. Believe it is possible to only lower subframe at gearbox end when engine supported from above but there are issues on subframe alignment afterwards?? If anyone has first hand experience of this problem or actually doing a clutch then would appreciate advise. Doing the clutch once the box is out dos'nt worry me...just getting that box out without causing other issues.

(ps...clutch does not slip and bitting point is ok)

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Clutch judder in my experience can be a symptom of a worn clutch. In addition, clutch slip in high gears is also a symptom.

As for the subframe, I've always taken the view that there are many ways to skin a cat. And therefore, if it was mine I'd have thought that making copious marks would would be a way. I haven't looked, but might there be location holes for which an alignment pin could be made? But then again others might know better! And what's more, I've yet to experience a clutch problem on mine!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts