Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so here we go
I just got a vectra 1.8 2004
There was a light just under the speedo that was on it was orange no symbol and then turns red when the door is open if car is running now said light is not on in the dark odd I know how ever today it's decided that it don't want to be on and swapped places with the engine management light
Any ideas what could be up with it going to get it plugged in over next few days
It is still running absolutely fine no issues at all

·
The Turbo-nator
524 Posts
without knowing if there are any faults logged its a guessing game I'm afraid, get the faults read then post what it shows that way any advise can be more on the marc

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like you are on about the general warning display.
Orange changing to red when door is opened?

The red symbol should be to show a door is open.
If the orange light goes off, then whatever was the issue is no longer in effect.
That is - it is no longer a problem.

I am a little confused by no particular symbol...
Items to look at are: -
Orange symbols...
Oil Can symbol = service due
Spanner symbol = a fault has been logged, but not to do with emissions control.
Bulb symbol = a bulb has blown is is going to fail soon.
Red Symbols.
Door open on car
Boot is open

Engine management light is a separate little orange light with an engine picture.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If there is a "movement" of where the warning light is on the cluster, I would suspect a faulty cluster or dry joints on it's connector.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Engine management light went of the next day not been on since so maybe when I had bonnet open maybe a bit of water got on a connection
The orange light is the one where it turns red with the door open and stays on then goes off for a while then back on
Then today something happened to my gears (see my other post) and the orange light seems to be on off more constent

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts