Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
*Maybe one day the calibra might, although the turbo 4x4 version goes for a bit.

*My prediction is that the first that do will be the 2.0 8v engines & the redtop ones. I'd have the 8v version if I was to buy a calibra now.
*That engine and box went much much better in a MK2 Astra ;)

*Most Calibras rotted and died yeeeeears ago. There weren't even that many left 15 years ago, when I was in Club Calibra with my K plate Red Top one.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Premium Member
14,918 Posts
just watched it ,did i miss something? was it still a 1.3 viva ? but with a daft exhaust.
only [email protected] of the week would feel cool in that! was a free small penis included in the 12 grand?
Had to post again, as I'm still unable to edit my previous posts.
Crappy back ends of cars is a bug bare for me now, I think a back end of a car should be finished off right. Even with new cars, it's still the case. I was stuck behind a Vitara today (2018 one). Below the rear brake lights, it looked crap. Had a big white single clear light cluster within the rear bumper (looks like a rear home 70's security lamp), then a horrid exhaust baffle was visible, then a pea shooter rear galvanised tail pipe was present. What are the designers thinking of? Next time you get behind one, you'll see what I mean. Neither do I like cars with no exhaust tail pipes present, tucked away under the rear bumper. My Astra K was like that. An SRI with no tail pipe? We've not gone electric yet.
Maybe it's a new old age thing with me:ROFLMAO:
*That engine and box went much much better in a MK2 Astra ;)

*Most Calibras rotted and died yeeeeears ago. There weren't even that many left 15 years ago, when I was in Club Calibra with my K plate Red Top one.
You've surely had some nice motors in your time;)K reg red top would be rare now.
I once drove a mk2 Astra 1.8 or a 2.0, 8v sri I think. Was thinking about buying it at the time. I liked that car. My wife owned a mk 2, 1.3 Astra (high compression engine), loved that car, 4 speed box. Surprisingly a quick motor.. Unfortunately everyone else liked it too, locks were popped twice on it. That seemed to be the quickest 1.3 normally aspirated engine I've ever driven. The 1.4, being a Rover 214 SE. That also being the most unreliable engine I ever drove too:ROFLMAO:K series engine.

·
Premium Member
14,918 Posts
Just watched it, nice car, shame about the engine. Even if they'd dropped in a 2.0 eco tec vaux engine in, would have worked.

·
13,364 Posts
Some of the Goblin stuff is good, other stuff is really naff, but as long as there's a market for over priced naff stuff good luck to them.
Still haven't watched this episode.

·
Premium Member
11,126 Posts
just watched it ,did i miss something? was it still a 1.3 viva ? but with a daft exhaust.
only [email protected] of the week would feel cool in that! was a free small penis included in the 12 grand?
Had to have a quick scan back through thought I'd fell a sleep and missed them fitting a 2.3 lump, as the 1.3 was the 1256 was same engine that was in the Chevette.

Anyway anyone want a tonne half of convertible Cavalier

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
My mates Mum had a Convertible when we were kids. It was brand new I think.
His Dad was a Taxi driver and had a diesel mk2 Cavalier, B reg and was black saloon, Way before most Taxis were diesel.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts