Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a previous posting on how to glue bits of broken fixing brackets to a bumper bar but found none, I am a bit surprised, there must be quite a fey around.
Anyway my Vec's front fascia (or commonly known as the bumper bar) had all 4 clips broken that fix it to the sides behind the headlights. It has a bit of a droopy look on its face so I went looking for a way to fix those lugs back. As we know that plastic (I think it is PBS) is notoriously difficult to glue, practically nothing will stick to it. I found that hot melt glue does the job to a satisfactory degree, they have not come off yet. A couple of things to prepare the surfaces first, clean with degreaser to get all dust and grease off. Prepare the bits to be glued by heating with hairdryer until they are about 60 degrees C, just hot enough to keep the hot melt glue pliable and bond properly. Apply generously so it gets a good hold of the plastics around. Hold in place until glue has solidified then let cool down for half an hour.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts