Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

GLS vs SRi

1K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  RatCav 
#1 ·
I am assuming the GLS was a more luxury orientated version. They both seems to boast the same engines, however I am I right in assuming the GLS had 'softer' suspension for that easier ride. Secondly did the SRi perform better power wise.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
It was mainly the suspension I was concerned with. I like a car that feels tighter around the Norfolk country roads. Didn't think about the gearbox TBH ... Don't like the idea of a wider ratio.
I think I will stick to looking at SRi's then. My old Ecotec was great. Loved it to bits and drove like a dream. Just need to find one for the right price. Looking for either a redtop, or another Ecotec. Its just a matter of finding one for the right price and in good enough condition. Then its a matter of adding the heated seats, cruise control, steering wheel stereo controls, and electric sunroof as and when I want to.

Cheers for the replies folks

Neal

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Possibility for sure. But I prefer the idea of getting the car with the mechanics how I would like and then just add the luxury bits afterwrds. It will be my daily runner, and cannot afford to have it off the road if possible, combined with limited room/time for pulling engines out and swapping suspension it would be the easier choice.

Neal

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Dammit ... just when I had decieded on the SRi ... along came a really clean 2.5 CDX. Now the decision just got difficult. Were there any problems with the 2.5 (non redtop) that should be looked at? Not overly bothered about body kit. If anything I would prefer not to have it so I can see if any rust is under. At a far later date I can put one on if bothered, and even then I am not convinced I would. That 2.5 is looking nicer and nicer every time I view it ... hope its not an auto box ... hate hate hate hate them.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
The fuel economy on a 2.5 has to be better than a 2.3 diseasel LWB Frontera. Also by the looks of it, it looks like it has been lowered so the handling problem has been covered. Used to V6's with the Nissan so thats not a problem either. Only thing I am not sure on is yet is wether its manual or not. Hate automatics with a vengeance. Hoping he gets back to me because i have the cash ready for it. Just need to sell the frontera to clear the drive.

Discussion starter · #21 ·
The Nissan is off the road due to impending engine change. Some muppet cross threaded the manifold bolts so they wouldn't go back in again after the manifold cracked and got repaired. Sourced a new engine for less than the cost of getting the head removed/repaired/replaced, so went for the easy job. Besides it gives me a spare in case I blow it up :D

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Hmm not having much luck in contacting the person with the V6 cavvy ... might have to look elsewhere. Shame as I have the money sitting here waiting for the right person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.