Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I have a vec c 1.9cdti est elite .had opcom on it and it says two glug plugs are weak.it struggles to start in morning.I went to takethem.out to look but could only get no1 out the others undid all the threads but wont come out they just spin and squeak .chris

·
1,344 Posts
They will be the weak ones then - there will be a build up of carbon deposits on the glow tip malking it too big to come out of the hole.
Not really sure what your options are, if they still move maybe just keep working them, you will probably wear away the growth enough to get them out eventually. Best to hoover the holes out before turning it over.
Probably not wise to squirt carb cleaner direct into the cylinder, maybe something oil based - penetrating fluid, GTX90 etc.

I put a light smear of ceramic grease on the threads of my glow plugs to make sure the threads don't seize (I think you are saying they backup OK and then started spinning, not that you stripped the threads right away which can happen), and use a decent low-torque wrench to put them back to the right torque, if you overtorque them you can cause problems getting them out in the future, or even snap them whilst installing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi I have a vec c 1.9cdti est elite .had opcom on it and it says two glug plugs are weak.it struggles to start in morning.I went to takethem.out to look but could only get no1 out the others undid all the threads but wont come out they just spin and squeak .chris
I'm having the same trouble as you did. What did you do to get your stuck plug out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts