Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I’m new here but I thought I’d ask about an issue I’ve been having with my car recently to see if anyone knows what’s up with it. I drive a 2012 Corsa, ecoflex, 1.2l diesel engine.
Recently the glow plug light has been popping up randomly and flashing for a while. This usually lasts for either a few days, a few hours, or a few minutes. When the light is on, it loses power and the engine doesn’t sound quite right.
Once it goes off again, the car will drive as normal and the power is restored. It’ll stay off for a couple of days or a couple of weeks, and then the cycle will repeat.
Has anyone else experienced this issue and what was the outcome? I’ve taken it to the garage 3 times but they can’t find any fault codes and so they’re not sure what’s wrong with it.
Can anyone help?

·
13,693 Posts
It's regenerating the DPF and behaving exactly as it should do.
I hope none of the garages charged you for their "expert" opinions.

·
13,693 Posts
And unless your engine has shrunk it will be a 1.3.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
24 Posts
you may not be driving it long eough for the regeneration to complete, on a combo van when the regeneraion cycle is forced it will run for 15mins at about 3k rpm, you may need to have the cycle forced, theres no way the dpf will block up in a few weeks unless you some severe emisson issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you may not be driving it long eough for the regeneration to complete, on a combo van when the regeneraion cycle is forced it will run for 15mins at about 3k rpm, you may need to have the cycle forced, theres no way the dpf will block up in a few weeks unless you some severe emisson issues
Ahh yes, you might be right there, I don’t do many long journeys. The only thing I will mention though is that I drove the car on a 6 hour round trip about 2 weeks ago, so it had quite a run; would you say it could have some kind of emission issues after all, considering this?

·
Super Moderator
26,855 Posts
Ahh yes, you might be right there, I don’t do many long journeys. The only thing I will mention though is that I drove the car on a 6 hour round trip about 2 weeks ago, so it had quite a run; would you say it could have some kind of emission issues after all, considering this?
As a general rule for DPF equipped Diesel engines.
20 minutes driving at 2000rpm is all you need for regeneration of the DPF.
The silly thing with regenerations is they never take place on normal run on good roads but usually when your nearly at your destination & about to switch the engine off.
Our Mini Countryman did a big run a few weeks back on the motorway but it didn’t regenerate on the motorway during the 2 hour drive , it started the regeneration when we entered the road where the wife’s family live lol 😆

1 - 7 of 7 Posts