Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a corsa 1.0i, 2002.

Rear wiper appeared dead and am still struggling to get the garage where it was purchased to sort it out.

Mysteriously, it has began to operate intermittently, even when not selected.

It can happen at any time, either a series of wipes or just a part wipe.

Anyone any idea what is causing this?

It's driving me mad. :bananasmi

dog-man

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i know that, but what part of the electrics could be causing it?

I could understand if this only happened when the stick is activated, but not when the stick is not touched.

Perhaps I should research the history of the car, maybe it is haunted? :crying_2:

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Its probably a loose connection. From what you describe it must be the stalk, because thats the only place that i'm aware of in the circuit where there's a switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem with my rear wiper, it operates when rear wiper is not even selected!! It must be yet another one of they "comon faults"

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Friday, the garage where I purchased it are fitting a new stalk.

I just hope it is the stalk at fault.

A second hand one from a scrap yard costs about a tenner.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it seems to be working now, but not as I am used to.

When you select the rear wiper to wipe, it gives one wipe from where it is parked to the opposite side of the car then stops, then after several seconds, wipes back to where it started from and so on.

When you select wash and wipe, it will wipe the rear screen several times, then park anywhere it likes.

Selecting wipe only, will make it again do one sweep, then park at the side.

I have never seen a wiper operate like that. :eh

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
On my 2003, IIRR you push the stalk away and it clicks onto intermittent, wipe&back, pause wipe&back etc. Push harder, and the squirter works, and it runs as long as you keep it pressed. If it doesn't park, the switch in the motor must be faulty.
If you have the front on intermittent* or normal and select reverse the back wiper does a couple of sweeps-quite frightening at first, you try and wrench the switch off because you think you knocked it whilst trying to see through the rear blind spot pillars#.

*If you knock it on intermittent, let it sweep then knock it off, and wait, then on again, it sets the intermittent delay to the time you waited. It forgets this after you switch the ignition off though.

#Don't ever try pulling out of a right junction and think you can sit on the centre reservation at an angle and look for a gap in the traffic coming behind and left. You can't see unless you are actually facing along the road because of the rear pillar. (2 door)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts