Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have an '11 Insignia SRI 1.8 petrol.

A few days ago when starting it up, it up I had to give it a bit extra fuel as it seemed to struggle. I had a low battery warning which I then replaced the battery as it was bit shot. Since yesterday morning I could not start the car, so I called out RAC and they could not fix, but what they did do was give me the error codes...

P0016 and P0365

I ask around a bit and was suggested that I check the camshaft sensors, which for the cost of them both (£26.00 discounted) I just bought new and just swapped them out (outlet and inlet).
This unfortunately was not the issue as it still has the same problem. Also I did take the plugs out and dried them.

I have read up that it may be that my timing might be out due to a belt slipping.

Has anyone else had the problem or could advise on what the problem may be. And if possible what kind of cost would I be looking at spending?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Hi Jason before you go any further dont spend any more emoney on bits you dont need lol. if i were you i would disconnect the battery for at least an hour, maybe even overnight, then see if it will start, i assume it turns over ok now, so if it doesnt go i would do another code teet on it, when you disconected the battery the old codes mat be erased and you can start from scratch...the other thing is, is the Immobilizer light on?, if it is it will never start, the other things you can do is go old school and check for a aspark at the plug and fuel delivery....if you think its a fuel prolem you cna squirt a drop of easy start in the air intake and see if it sepsonds to it.... i wouldn't worry about the cam belt if it ran ok before...unless it sounds really strange when you crank it over....good luck from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fred, Thanks for your response. I have a guy coming around tonight to clear all the codes for me. He too told me that it may work by doing this. I watch RAC guy do checks on plugs and he even had a spare coil pack to test with too. He also tried the spray in the air intake.

I'll see what happens tonight and post my finds.

·
Premium Member
15,097 Posts
Ask your mate to bring a compression tester with him, if you have both cam sensor faults and a non start then i would suspect the timing belt has failed, a quick compression test would confirm this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts