Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 368 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,624 Posts
even labour are telling us to vote conservative:LOL:
Funny you should say that , Ian Austin ( ex labour minister ) was nearly in tears this afternoon over Tom Watson’s treatment from within the Labour Party.
Ian Austin said , “ I’m telling people to vote for the Conservative party , Corbyn isn’t fit to lead this country & would ruin it “
Then the Jewish community have attacked labour for the lack of action & constant denials over the treatment of Jewish members of the party , they’ve now said they want non Jewish voters to vote for any other party other than labour.
Another labour MP said Corbyn has a sympathy for terrorists & their aims , disgusting he said this afternoon I can’t support Corbyn.
Wow it’s unraveling fast for Corbyn , Jo Swinson is licking her lips hoping to pick up labour remain voters at this rate she might do rather well on the 12th.

·
Likes this.
11,095 Posts
I may be wrong, and may just not have really noticed this in previous General Elections - but it seems we've gone so very American all of a sudden.

By that I mean rather than each party putting their MAIN focus on what they plan to do with their five years of government, they'd rather just slag off the other side and tell everyone how bad they are, rather than how good their own side is.

OK, I know in politics there is always some of that going on and that's acceptable and to be expected. but it feels to me that this time the MAIN focus of every party is to tell the general public how awful the others are......

I don't find this way of campaigning at all constructive.

·
Likes this.
11,095 Posts
I posted this up on facebook the other day (actually stole it from @Trish 's post on FB :) ) but I think it's quite a good analogy for anyone who is unsure of how to vote based on the fact that they don't particularly like a leader of a party......

Time to remember the best voting advice I ever heard:

Voting isn't marriage, it's public transport. You're not waiting for "the one" who's absolutely perfect.

You're getting the bus, and if there isn't one to your destination, you don't not travel - you take the one going closest.

·
Super Moderator
26,624 Posts
I posted this up on facebook the other day (actually stole it from @Trish 's post on FB :) ) but I think it's quite a good analogy for anyone who is unsure of how to vote based on the fact that they don't particularly like a leader of a party......
I tried that trick once with the bus & ended up miles from home with only 1 bus left to get me back to where i started :sleep:
Note to self , “ don’t try that again just get a taxi “ :whistle:

·
Super Moderator
26,624 Posts
It doesn’t help when MP’s from both major parties slag off their leaders.
Not to forget social media’s big role in this election.
On WhatsApp the Hindu Indian community have been advising people not to risk voting for labour.
These types of messages stick in people’s minds much more than other types of communication.

·
Premium Member
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I may be wrong, and may just not have really noticed this in previous General Elections - but it seems we've gone so very American all of a sudden.

By that I mean rather than each party putting their MAIN focus on what they plan to do with their five years of government, they'd rather just slag off the other side and tell everyone how bad they are, rather than how good their own side is.

OK, I know in politics there is always some of that going on and that's acceptable and to be expected. but it feels to me that this time the MAIN focus of every party is to tell the general public how awful the others are......

I don't find this way of campaigning at all constructive.
I see where you are coming from, what you call "negative politics", slagging off other party policies.
Now the Tories are going to borrow big to spend big too. Everytime you see Boris he's now in an hospital with his white coat on. All about the preveption of looking to care about the nhs, as people are now generally concerned about the NHS, the rest of the care industry can stuff it.....:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
11,106 Posts
Well look whats happened now, Nigel Farage has yet again gone back on a promise he made this man just spouts lie after lie and thinks he can get away with it.

He told Boris Johnson if we didn't leave Europe on the 31st October and he called a general election he would have a Brexit party candidate stand against every Conservative seat some 600+, today he has now announced that he is leaving Boris alone and not standing against them in some 370+ seats that they got at the last election, but he is putting a candidate up against every Labour party seat.

I wouldn't trust this man to turn the telly over

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
Well look whats happened now, Nigel Farage has yet again gone back on a promise he made this man just spouts lie after lie and thinks he can away with it.

He told Boris Johnson if we didn't leave Europe on the 31st October and he called a general election he would have a Brexit party candidate stand against every Conservative seat some 600+, today he has now announced that he is leaving Boris alone and not standing against them in some 370+ seats that they got at the last election, but he is putting a candidate up against every Labour party seat.

Yup, the frog faced liar rides again.

Suits his own agenda nicely.

·
Super Moderator
14,086 Posts
Well look whats happened now, Nigel Farage has yet again gone back on a promise he made this man just spouts lie after lie and thinks he can away with it.

they all lie, every one of them, everything that comes out there mouth is a lie.

wouldn,t the brexit party taking seats from the cons, give labour an advantage

41 - 60 of 368 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.