Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 368 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #241 (Edited)
Just another fact I've found out about EU worker/migration to the U.K, they pay more into our economy than they take out (over a 10 year period). Same can't be said for the rest of the world.
Although the Tories are only publishing the amount of benefits they claim, unlike the Lib Dems whom try to give a more balanced view. In my opinion if figures a published they should show how much they claim and how much they pay into our system. Instead of giving a false impression.
Just goes to show how figures can be manipulated.
I also take polls with a pinch of salt, I bet they don't include the newly able to vote younger voters?
The Tories also state they are going to increase nurses by 50,000, but that figure includes the nurses that they are going to persuade not to leave😂That's a true manipulation of figures.

·
Super Moderator
25,096 Posts
Just another fact I've found out about EU worker/migration to the U.K, they pay more into our economy than they take out (over a 10 year period). Same can't be said for the rest of the world.
Although the Tories are only publishing the amount of benefits they claim, unlike the Lib Dems whom try to give a more balanced view. In my opinion if figures a published they should show how much they claim and how much they pay into our system. Instead of giving a false impression.
I also take polls with a pinch of salt, I bet they don't include the newly able to vote younger voters?
The Tories also state they are going to increase nurses by 50,000, but that figure includes the nurses that they are going to persuade not to leave😂That's a true manipulation of figures.
Both parties spending plans have been criticised by the IFS , not surprising when you take a quick look at the figures they both say there’ll be shelling out .
Utter madness when this country is awash with debt .

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
The Conservatives have always manipulated the figures to make them look good, changing the amount of people who are signing on, its how many people are unemployed not who are receiving Job Seekers Allowance or Universal Credit as the now want to call it, the figures don't include the people who's benefits they have stopped or who have been placed on Sanctions.

·
Premium Member
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Well it's not been an easy decision, but I've voted Labour, via postal vote. Wasn't really totally happy with any party.
Reasons I've decided to vote Labour this time are- State the NHS and private care sector are in now. My current working conditions within the care industry. Gone down hill over the last 5 years or so.
The Injustices taking place within the benefits claims process using third parties to assess claims, rather than taking advice from medical professionals including Dr's and consultants.
My main concern is not Brexit now.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,705 Posts
My postal vote arrived yesterday, I'm yet to send it back. Still on the fence. I've done 2 of the 'who should I vote for' things and one said right, another said left.

I might contact both candidates and make them thumb wrestle for my vote. But then, I think that the Tory will win - Nigel Mills, the MP who was playing Candy Crush during a session of Parliament.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
We haven’t seen a single candidate round the doors yet although I did see Teresa May on TV campaigning in Stirling. I might vote Tory or I might go with Labour but I absolutely will not vote SNP because I totally disagree with their separatist policies.

From what I’ve seen on TV and read from leaflets however, the Tories are making a big mistake in Scotland by running Project Fear against Indyref2.

In 2014 voters in Scotland voted against independence.

In the 2015 general election the SNP won 56 MP seats which fired them up to start banging the Indyref2 drum, causing alarm amongst most of the Scottish population.

In the 2017 general election the SNP lost 21 of their 56 seats which was a clear message to the SNP – the majority of Scots do NOT want independence.

So it’s time the Scots Tories changed their tune if they want to win votes, this Project Fear thing will rebound on them, they should be tackling the SNP head-on.

·
Super Moderator
25,096 Posts
Well it's not been an easy decision, but I've voted Labour, via postal vote. Wasn't really totally happy with any party.
Reasons I've decided to vote Labour this time are- State the NHS and private care sector are in now. My current working conditions within the care industry. Gone down hill over the last 5 years or so.
The Injustices taking place within the benefits claims process using third parties to assess claims, rather than taking advice from medical professionals including Dr's and consultants.
Jason will love you George big time lol :D

·
Super Moderator
25,096 Posts
I finally voted today , i voted conservative as i didn’t see anything in labours free spending plans benefiting self employed me.
The wife obviously couldn’t vote for the Liberal Democrat’s as they want to stay in the EU , first time she’s ever voted conservative she told me today.
Followed by “ They don’t listen “

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I finally voted today , i voted conservative as i didn’t see anything in labours free spending plans benefiting self employed me.
The wife obviously couldn’t vote for the Liberal Democrat’s as they want to stay in the EU , first time she’s ever voted conservative she told me today.
Some people vote with their head.
Some people vote with their heart.
Some people vote with neither! :p:LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Seriously though, it not all about what's just going to be beneficial for me. It's what's going to be beneficial for the whole country.
There has to be a balance between spending and giving the country what it needs.

The Conservatives Austerity policy did not work, all it did was create suffering for the most vulnerable in society, it did nothing to grow the economy and advance the country.

I've seen a huge increase of people sleeping rough on the streets everywhere in the country, not just London and it breaks my heart. This I believe is a direct result of Austerity.

I don't trust the Conservatives with the NHS one little bit. Give them another 5 years in power you can kiss goodbye to the NHS.

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
Fight the power Brother

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
My postal vote arrived yesterday, I'm yet to send it back. Still on the fence. I've done 2 of the 'who should I vote for' things and one said right, another said left.

I might contact both candidates and make them thumb wrestle for my vote. But then, I think that the Tory will win - Nigel Mills, the MP who was playing Candy Crush during a session of Parliament.
There's your answer you don't vote for him, getting paid to sit in a heated chamber and play Candy Crush

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
We haven’t seen a single candidate round the doors yet although I did see Teresa May on TV campaigning in Stirling. I might vote Tory or I might go with Labour but I absolutely will not vote SNP because I totally disagree with their separatist policies.

From what I’ve seen on TV and read from leaflets however, the Tories are making a big mistake in Scotland by running Project Fear against Indyref2.

In 2014 voters in Scotland voted against independence.

In the 2015 general election the SNP won 56 MP seats which fired them up to start banging the Indyref2 drum, causing alarm amongst most of the Scottish population.

In the 2017 general election the SNP lost 21 of their 56 seats which was a clear message to the SNP – the majority of Scots do NOT want independence.

So it’s time the Scots Tories changed their tune if they want to win votes, this Project Fear thing will rebound on them, they should be tackling the SNP head-on.
Exactly, after the last IndyRef and the people of Scotland Voted NO, so Alex Salmond resigned, Nicola Sturgeon became leader from day 1 she has as you put it banged the drum for IndyRef2 and she keeps harping on about it, I think she wants to make a name for herself as the person who took Scotland out of the Union, I seen a Question time recently were the SNP were on the panel, the bloke was going on about how everybody wants out of the union. you got the one person clap so a few more joined in, then somebody in the audience said you need to concentrate on Scotland the Hospitals are a disgrace, education is falling apart, drugs and alcohol treatments have been cut.

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
Only people with money vote Conservative because they are frightened of losing it.

·
Super Moderator
25,096 Posts
Only people with money vote Conservative because they are frightened of losing it.
If only i had money I’d be at the Bahamas right now enjoying a stiff drink & a Cuban cigar after munching my way through a 5 course taster menu cooked by my chef Claude.
Instead I’ve had a modest dish of pulled pork & potatoes swilled down with a bottle of cheap plonk from the co op lol :)

·
Super Moderator
25,096 Posts
Each to their own when it comes to voting I suppose. I vote to please no one:unsure:🤣
I shall try not to convert anyone.
As far as you voting Tory, I could see that on the cards. You have now joined the elite posh taxi drivers club😂
When your young you want to change the world , when i left school in 79 the country was in a mess with crippling strikes.
We came from working class families but we didn’t want to follow the oldies & vote blindly for the party we were expected to vote for.
We were all union members but we knew things had to change so we all voted for Thatcher at the next election .
With your vote you have a voice we used ours & we hoped the world we lived in would change , it did.
Today’s young generation have the chance to do the same , however sadly the oldies out number the young.

241 - 260 of 368 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.