Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
as you look down onto the gearbox from the front of the car, you should see a plug/screw about half way up the gearbox casing. unscrew this plug
on level ground, can you see a trickle of oil running down front of g/box, ifso level ok. if not it may need topping up through the same hole with
correct grade of oil, good idea to get a haynes manual if you intend keeping the car for a while

C

·
0 Posts
If there was one, I'm sure it would say it never needs checking - didn't 10 years ago.

C

·
0 Posts
Atlantean said:
Here we go again! :rolleyes: :lmao:
I thought you'd perceive it in that way, although it wasn't meant like that Peter. Please accept my apologies on the matter.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
vastra said:
can you see a trickle of oil running down front of g/box, ifso level ok. if not it may need topping up through the same hole with
correct grade of oil,
Don't fill up gearbox through the level plug hole. You're supposed to do it through the orrifice on top of the gearbox. Right by the selector housing on top of the gearbox you'll see something with a black plastic cap on. Unscrew the whole thing that has the black plastic cap attached to it and pour gearoil through the hole until it trickles out of the hole half way down on the side of the gearbox.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vastra said:
as you look down onto the gearbox from the front of the car, you should see a plug/screw about half way up the gearbox casing. unscrew this plug
on level ground, can you see a trickle of oil running down front of g/box, ifso level ok. if not it may need topping up through the same hole with
correct grade of oil, good idea to get a haynes manual if you intend keeping the car for a while
I looked like you said and halfway down there seems to be a sensor in
that hole . (Z18XE) A black thing with wires coming out of it.
To the right of the sensor is a aluminium plug but this seems to be not removable.

Thanks for your help so far.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dynamic Dave said:
Don't fill up gearbox through the level plug hole. You're supposed to do it through the orrifice on top of the gearbox. Right by the selector housing on top of the gearbox you'll see something with a black plastic cap on. Unscrew the whole thing that has the black plastic cap attached to it and pour gearoil through the hole until it trickles out of the hole half way down on the side of the gearbox.

sorry, fill via the front door, not the tradesman entrance!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
dasilvarsa said:
I looked like you said and halfway down there seems to be a sensor in
that hole . (Z18XE) A black thing with wires coming out of it.
To the right of the sensor is a aluminium plug but this seems to be not removable.

Thanks for your help so far.
a level plug to check g/box oil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts