Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys how do I chsnge the gearbox on my vauxhall vivaro 2010 2 litre M9R engine cheers

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's change gearbox oil there should be a 8mm square sump plug underneath drain replace the plug then look on the back of the box, turn the steering all the way to the left you should see it it's plastic filler cap it holds around 2.7 ltrs of 75w80 double check on here http://www.morrislubricantsonline.co.uk/lubrication-lookup.html

Filler this is a PF6 gearbox
Hi n19 thanks for the reply ok brill I'll give it a shot weekend hopefully it sorts my gearbox problem out if not can the input shaft bearing cause a winning and wobbly wheel on acceleration ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi n19 thanks for the reply ok brill I'll give it a shot weekend hopefully it sorts my gearbox problem out if not can the input shaft bearing cause a winning and wobbly wheel on acceleration ?
I'm running 4 of these vans hope the others don't start playing up

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
wishful thinking going by there current track record, regular servicing is a good thing yearly or 5000 to 10000miles, whining gearbox most likely, at a guess steering wobble wishbones, track rods, inner tie rods see what else is said but thats where i would look first

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
If it in doubt drain it out, measure the amount into a jug for example then put that in it couldn't easier and more for your pease of mind you can never be wrong changing oil.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Think that's what I'll end up doing over the weekend as over the last few days changing gear has become a serious effort. Hopefully fresh oil will sort it. Probably hasn't been done since new and there's nearly 100k on it now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Difficult shifting could be the selector arm on top of box, bearing corrodes and it gets seized. Spray loads of lube in where the shaft goes down into box. It should free it up gradually over a few days, repeat as necessary.

Still worth changing box oil

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is that the sort of thing that can develop from pretty much no-where? It only really started last Thursday. Very difficult to get gears when cold. Bit better when warned up but still a task.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Heavy rain by any chance? Or left unused for a while? The problem is caused by water getting in there and rotting the bearing. A good douse and some shifting around gears should sort it out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rain no worse than usual. Van in use every day. Will douse it anyway. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just to add onto this thread, I'm hoping to change the box oil on my Trafic but i'm unsure about two things;
The selector arm on top of my gearbox has a fair bit of play, it lifts up & down out the gearbox about 5-8mm, should it be tight or is this play normal?
Changing the drain plug, does this have a gasket or washer or anything like a sump plug I need to replace, or are the only consumables I need the oil itself?
Many thanks for any help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts