Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am coming to a standstill at a junction / or parking up I can hear a noise coming from the engine bay.
I thought at first it may be the brakes, which it still may be but the noise seems to be coming from just behind the dash area.
Do they have an ABS pump that might become noisy? or has anyone had a similar problem.
I am going to change the discs and pads in the near future but was just looking for pointers on anything else it may be.
Would be grateful for anyhelp, thanks.:cry:

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
the noise could be the abs cutting in & you would feel it through the brake pedal , if it is this there could be a sensor fault or a cracked ring on 1 of the cv joints , the cracked ring fools the abs into thinking the wheel is locking up .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your advice. I have had a good look at the joints and I can't see anything immediately obvious. I'll wait for the new discs and pads and see if theres any joy there.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
What kind of noise is it - rattle, scraping, knocking etc?

Is it accompanied by any vibration through the pedals or the steering?

It might be worth getting a mate to tell you if the noise is apparent from outside the vehicle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The noise is a kind of pulsing/scraping noise that I only hear as I brake at very low speeds.

I had a mate walk along beside the car and he says he can't hear anything so it seems to be more of an internal problem or he's just deaf!!

I have had few problems with my gearbox so I'm slightly paranoid the noise may be coming from within that area ???

Clutching at straws a bit !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.