Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone know the approx full service cost of a 2005 Corsa at a Vauxhall garage please?

thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
16,692 Posts
Hi,

Anyone know the approx full service cost of a 2005 Corsa at a Vauxhall garage please?

thanks a lot
Around £200 ish for a full service for a petrol Corsa, although you could try to negotiate with them. I usually do, only when my cars under warranty.
Although considering the age of your car, I'd use a good Indy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot guys.

The MOT isn't due til end of December, but an Engine Warning light came on today, so I don't feel right driving the car til it's been serviced. It's ok for oil and water, but hasn't been serviced since I bought it 2 years ago.

My usual good mechanic has started requesting cash only without a receipt, so I no longer trust him. I think he is taking advantage. He can't be doing that to everyone or the taxman will have him down as no income at all!

·
Premium Member
Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
16,692 Posts
Thanks a lot guys.

The MOT isn't due til end of December, but an Engine Warning light came on today, so I don't feel right driving the car til it's been serviced. It's ok for oil and water, but hasn't been serviced since I bought it 2 years ago.

My usual good mechanic has started requesting cash only without a receipt, so I no longer trust him. I think he is taking advantage. He can't be doing that to everyone or the taxman will have him down as no income at all!
If your looking for a good Indy, you could try asking on here or look on the good garage scheme.
For what oil costs your better off servicing it yearly.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks a lot guys.

hes just avoiding tax and i know of a bloke who does it. Say the job is 200 quid he will pocket say 50 quid and put the job down as something like 150. he still does all the work he is paid for just pockets more cash. Plus if they use a card it costs them on every swipe from 60p to 1 quid.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Yes your right i do mine myself, you can do most of it at home, i go to my old work garage to check the brakes and change the oil, i could prob do that at hope at a push, but it's a damn site easier on a lift, but in theory if you have a good jack and axle stands you can do it all at home......Fred.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I am female and I used to change tires myself. I've have put a whole new floor in my house before now and I still have lots of power tools. Certainly not afraid to get my hands dirty. But I can't bend or lift heavy stuff anymore because I have chronic pain (osteoarthritis). I certainly would do the car myself if I could.
If your looking for a good Indy, you could try asking on here or look on the good garage scheme.
For what oil costs your better off servicing it yearly.
Thanks Boroboy, I googled that and found some garages. I will phone them, cheers

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Depends what needs done. Is there any history?

Biggest service item is the chain if it rattles.

For oil, filter, plugs, air filter, pollen filter, will be bout £60 for parts, and maybe an hour to do. About £120-ish for a small garage. And double that for a dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Depends what needs done. Is there any history?

Biggest service item is the chain if it rattles.

For oil, filter, plugs, air filter, pollen filter, will be bout £60 for parts, and maybe an hour to do. About £120-ish for a small garage. And double that for a dealer.
thank you.

Does the fuel filter get done in a service? Or is that extra? I've been told that needs doing.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
27,938 Posts
If it needs doing then the garage should know , but it doesn't hurt to mention you know it's due for renewal. The filter isn't expensive :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.