Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cav gsi wont start at all, it wont even turn over, the batt is fine, but im wondering does the fuel pump relay have anything to do with the starting of the car or is it just for fuel? the relay is funked anyway as its making stupid buzzing noises as if its shorting itself out.

am i also right in thinking the relay can be got from lesser model cavs aswell?

cheers guys:Cool2:

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
If its turning but not starting up, then yes could be the source of your problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well got a new relay today and put a new batt on it, and guess what it wouldnt start! wouldnt even turn over.
so checked all the earths and they look OK but im gonna get some new ones made, wont hurt it.
and then out of the blue it started on the button!, so i rekon there might be a short somewhere, or it could be the earths are shagged and have a very high resistance?

good old vauxhalls:grrr

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i swear my car is cursed! ive now got a leaky rad! and its losing water real fast, the rad thats in it is a standard let rad with the original intercooler next to it.

what i was wondering is will a normal rad out of a cavalier fit ok? and will the fan be out of the way from the turbo to stop it melting? the intercooler is no bother as i have a front mounted.

or is another turbo rad the only way?

cheers fellas:Cool2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.