Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Were can I get a barrel of 5W 30, 45 gallon drum for $25 that's my oil changes sorted for the next 10 years.
Unfortunately, that price is for crude oil, not the refined stuff to go in our cars!
it hasn,t been deleted, just looked at the history on the post, would you like it put to how you written it
Yes, if you can Andy, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
25,803 Posts
Fuel stations must be struggling for money at the moment.
Fuel stations can’t survive on fuel sales alone as the profit margins are so low.
They need motorists to spend money in the fuel station shop & buy items like oil . adblue , coffees , cigarettes ( low margin ) , bulbs ( high margin ) & other items that the shops stock.
With less cars on the road that equals less cars filling up & less purchasing of goods from the profitable side of the business.
Also many filling stations staff get a bonus if they meet or exceed a sales target from goods sold in the shop.

·
Premium Member
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I have 1/2 a tank of diesel the way things are going I'm going to miss out on this great price reduction, unless I stock pile it for future use, need some petrol for lawnmower and strimmer.

·
Likes this.
10,838 Posts
I have 1/2 a tank of diesel the way things are going I'm going to miss out on this great price reduction, unless I stock pile it for future use, need some petrol for lawnmower and strimmer.
Ha, yes I'm the same. I'm working from home for the foreseeable future so will be saving a lot on diesel - and I already have about 3/4 of a tank anyway which isn't going anywhere any time soon.

I also have an issue with the rear brakes, I have a nasty feeling that I'm down to the metal on them given the noise they're making. One disc is scored quite badly, so it may be a stone caught between disc and pad I guess? I was gonna wash the car at the weekend and get the jet wash on the caliper as best I can to see if it makes any difference first. but either way, the rear discs will need replacing before the MOT (which is six months longer now than it was :) )

Anyway, back to fuel, given the brake issue with the Mondeo, we're both using Lisa's Stepway at the mo for any essential running about we need to do. Filled that up early last week and it's moved one bar on the fuel gauge so far :LOL:

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
The Co-op petrol station in n Guisborough is selling Diesel at £1.20.8 per litre, against 1.08 at Asda Miiddlesbrough, shame on the Co-op. This is normal for the co-op in Guis, it's usually around 10p a litre more than driving 5 miles down the road. That's supermarket petrol against supermarket petrol

·
Super Moderator
25,803 Posts
The Co-op petrol station in n Guisborough is selling Diesel at £1.20.8 per litre, against 1.08 at Asda Miiddlesbrough, shame on the Co-op. This is normal for the co-op in Guis, it's usually around 10p a litre more than driving 5 miles down the road. That's supermarket petrol against supermarket petrol
It’s £1.06.8 a litre for diesel at Asda , trouble is though that there’s so many of us not working or working from home , nobody needs fuel at the moment.
Yesterday in Nuneaton police were stopping motorists to ask wether their drive was necessary , over 200 stopped & questioned.

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
It’s £1.06.8 a litre for diesel at Asda , trouble is though that there’s so many of us not working or working from home , nobody needs fuel at the moment.
Yesterday in Nuneaton police were stopping motorists to ask wether their drive was necessary , over 200 stopped & questioned.
That's it, low demand, low price. I'm using a bit less now, just essential journeys, mainly work & food shopping. I'm carrying my i.d badge at all times now.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts