Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just had an absolute nightmare getting my fuel filter off. Anyway managed it in the end, put it back together but fuel is seeping from one of the connections.

When I put it back on I had to remove the oring and a black plastic piece from the old filter.

Now the oring is slightly damaged along with the black plastic bit. I think it's probably the oring causing the issue more than the plastic bit.

Do you know if I'd be able to replace the plastic ring?

Hopefully the oring is standard and I'll be able to find a replacement.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
159 Posts
Vaux dealer or put a rubber washer or plumbers tape on only a temporary fix .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Ive found an o'ring very close if not perfect and it still weeping.
It's weeping from the area below arrowed. (pic from the Web not mine.)

I'm wondering if the connector may be damaged someway. I did really struggle to get it off the old filter. If so is it possible to change the connector as circled or will I be looking at replacing the whole section of fuel line?

My main problem is I'm going to work away on Monday until Xmas and wanted to leave the car available for the missus to use, so I'm a bit short on time.

I've had a look and can't seem to find the complete fuel line available online. I might try vauxhall in the morning.

Cheers

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did you break the connector lugs if so use a cable tie or two to pull it home done that b4 .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you break the connector lugs if so use a cable tie or two to pull it home done that b4 .
Do you mean the ones that stay on the filter, if so yeah one one of them to get it off, however the new filter had ones on anyway.
I wonder if I'm best, taking the other one off the old filter and trying that on the new filter. May be a better fit. I'll try that tomorrow.
I will also try pushing the oring and the black collar into the connector before plugging into the filter.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Reactions: dave1419 and andy_v

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you struggled to disconnect the fuel lines, were you using the proper pliers on the clip?
These are the type I use, they make life a lot easier!
Yeah I bought some. But the filter was that old I really had to pull and yank it about to get the old one off.

I think I must have buggered the socket connection up, just can't get it it seal.

I tried with the old clip off the old filter but couldn't get that one to clip into the socket in the fuel line.

Think I'm gonna have to sorn it while I work away and deal with it after Xmas now. Think my only option will be to replace the line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts