Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone after abit of advice. I used the frontera the other day to go to work was fine the next day i went to go to work and wouldnt start. Starts cranking but wont fire over. Had a look today and 1st thought was the egr as had blue white smoke and when i took pipe off the egr it was fine no hesitation and no smoke when i had it running. so replaced that but still no start. So cracked off one of the injector pipes and cranked it and it was just a drip of deisel so we replaced the fuel filter thinking it was that bleed it through and tried again it did wamt to go used abit of easy start (dont really like using it) and hey it started left it for 30 mins running and took up the road amd perfect. When out earlier to see if it starts and back to square one doesnt want to know. Anyone else had this problem please help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
most likley:

1. Replace diesel leak off pipes ( and 'T' pieces ).
2. Relace all fuel lines ( 10mm ID )
3. Replace injector seals.

Basically you have air getting into your fuel lines and diesel is running back down the pipes to the tank.
You MUST bleed your fuel system before you try to start/crank or you will kill the pump in seconds.

so from cheapest fix up, start at 1, if not do the next and so on. By the time you get to #3 your issue will be gone.

* cheap / Quick fix, install a Facet 40200 fuel pump after the fuel filter and in-line feed to the main pump and wire into the ignition ON position. This way by the time you turn the key to crank the engine the Facet pump will have primed the main pump ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts