Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a problem oil is coming up the breather pipe that connects to a pipe on the air box and then going though exhaust.its the breather that comes off the back of the engine (cam cover) then go,s to a round black part which has a small pipe of the bottom and another pipe which go,s over the engine to the airbox pipe plz help

·
the man who makes things
1,764 Posts
first make sure all ur breathers are clean and clear ,then check ur turbo ,ie turbine play ,make sure ur engine is switched off ,as otherwise u cud lose ur finger ends,,, is the car smokeing from the rear ,blue ,,, dose it get worse when the engine warms up ,etc ,,,,as it could be worn piston rings/oil rings which can cause the same problem ,,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi adaptorman checked turbo thats fine when i take the breather pipe off from where it connects on the air box pipe and rev the engine oil is coming out so when i connect it back up it just going though the turbo and out though the exhaust

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Hi thats either the EGR valve - sounds like its stuck open - or it's a breather which has lost its gauze which should catch the oil drops and let them drip back in to the engine - either way its not right - try the muddies for more info www.muddyfrontera.co.uk
cheers
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.