Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening

Picked up a replacement front bumper today with fogs for £20 from the scrappies. Had to respray it but its come up quite nice.

Connected up fogs, plugged in a fuse into slot 13 and remembered that I didn't swipe a relay.

I tried putting the rear relay into the front slot but nowt happened. Am I right in assuming that both relays have to be present for the front fogs to work?

I haven't checked the bulbs yet so this may be the opbvious culprit, but was just wondering if there's any way to test them with only 1 fog light relay for front and rear.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I did mean cavalier. We're a two Vauxhall family, the Vectra is the daily use, the cavalier is my latest project.

I know what the relays look like, its more a case of a wiring question - will the front fogs work with a relay in place if the rear fogs relay is misiing. I'm sure I remember the front fog relay and wiring only being active if the circuit is complete with a rear fog relay as well.

Alternativley, does anyone have an idea on how to bridge the connection temorarily?

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm confused. Does anyone have a pic of a fusebox in a cav that already has front fogs fitted, so I can compare with my fuse box.

All I have in mine in the top right hand corner is a wire bridged across two relay pins (every cav I've owned from memory has had that) and then below I have spaces for two much smaller relays, top one is empty, bottom one has a relay fited which clicks when the rear fog light switch is switched on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I thought that wire was for the rear fogs? Does the diagram on the fusebox not tell you? And the front fog relay is a wee small one that goes in the gap above the other one (horn relay from memory)

To test mine I moved the horn relay up into the empty space

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It doesn't light up when fuse in place and no relay in the upper slot, however, move the horn relay up and the green light comes on.

Most of this is my own fault Andy because I didn't check the bulbs before I threw the new bumper on. I'll get the voltmeter out tomorrow with the horn relay moved up again and see if I get a feed at the connectors down by the slam panel with the switch on.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
[EDIT] Too Late

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.