Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i noticed today whilst reversing into a parking space there was an awful creaking as i turned the wheel and moved at low speed.
I thought it might be a snapped anti roll bar link as it reminded me of the same noise, but they are both intact. Its a really worrying noise and i dunno what it is!
Any ideas

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Andy M said:
there was an awful creaking as i turned the wheel and Its a really worrying noise and i dunno what it is!
Any ideas

Gas?

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Andy M said:
No, unleaded petrol
Stop drinking it and the noise should slowly start to go away...........

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like its right behind the bulkhead which points to the rack, hopefully it is as ive been meaning to replace the thing

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
it isnt the spring moving a bit, i had this with mine, it creaked in the seat a little, ran some grease round the bottom coil and it has been silent ever since.

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Are your power steering bracket bolts done up tight.?

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
take a look at all the mounting bolts on the steering rack, suspension and engine mounts.

could be something loose, dry or bolted onto corroded chassis.

jack up the front end, whip the wheels off and have a play around trying to simulate this creaking noise.

·
surfin lobster
1,092 Posts
Could be the bulkhead perhaps? Have read on this before of the metal - presumably at welds - cracking and susbsequent creaking at low speeds as you describe. Time consuming job to sort.

Not maybe dry wishbone bushes? An easier fix.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts