Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few months ago i mentioned about watching a plane finder web site, and it was ok for watching planes, but that was about all you could see, planes flying from A to B.

well i have come across another, that is a lot better lets you do and see more, such like, military air fields, civilian air fields, air to air refueling zones, which you can sort of see the refuel happen.

i will leave the link for any one interested, if not no need to comment, simples.....................

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
I've tended to use flightradar24 in the past.
I also like marinetraffic.com as well, it never fails to amaze me how many ships are out there.

·
Super Moderator
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what they called it flightrader24, thats what i used to watch before i found this one, i also watch the marinetraffic.com. (y) am that sad of a person i even google the military planes, to see what they are :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,401 Posts
I have one on my phone called Air Traffic, it lets you choose anywhere in the world, I've only looked at the UK shows major airports, it also shows you the flight path of the plane, plane moves across your screen in realtime, if you click on the plane it gives you a picture of the plane, the airport it took off from, the airport it is going to, the speed and height it is traveling at and some other info.

·
Super Moderator
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one on my phone called Air Traffic, it lets you choose anywhere in the world, I've only looked at the UK shows major airports, it also shows you the flight path of the plane, plane moves across your screen in realtime, if you click on the plane it gives you a picture of the plane, the airport it took off from, the airport it is going to, the speed and height it is traveling at and some other info.
that one in me 1st post does a lot more than that mate, i think its great (y)

·
Premium Member
11,401 Posts
I've tended to use flightradar24 in the past.
I also like marinetraffic.com as well, it never fails to amaze me how many ships are out there.
Find an App that shows you the satellites travelling around our Orbit that is unbelievable, again if you click on them it tells you the name and who owns the satellite.

·
Premium Member
15,140 Posts
Good APP @andy_v Didn't know they existed. Sheltered life I lead, at least I may know which rescue/police helicopter keeps flying over Guisborough forest, over Boro when I'm at work:ROFLMAO:

·
13,696 Posts
They stopped the live updates shown in planes to supposedly stop terrorists being able to work out where they were. But they let you access all this via freely available web sites, totally bonkers.

·
Super Moderator
14,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just watched a royal air force Voyager KC3, fly in at 40,000 feet off the west coast of scotland, then its landed at east midlands airport, is that not odd for a military plane to land at a civilian air field.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts