Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

321 - 340 of 342 Posts

·
11,929 Posts
I can edit mine, as long as I don't leave it too long.

·
Worn Out Member
5,248 Posts
Am i the only one getting peed off with all the spam posts on the site ?
we seem to be attracting them like flies round shite :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #335 (Edited)
Am i the only one getting peed off with all the spam posts on the site ?
we seem to be attracting them like flies round shite :rolleyes:
no ya not mick, pees me off to, oh and what you see that gets on the forum page is only a little bit of spam :ROFLMAO: believe me on average each day, i alone will ban about 100 spammers that get caught in the approval queue, its mental mate, it was the same on the old set up forum, and just has bad if not worse here, so what ever they done on the change over for the forum was for the worse, not the better 😲

·
Super Moderator
12,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
put it another way, on this forum ya could create a 1000+ usernames on just one ip address, mental

·
Super Moderator
12,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #337 (Edited)
oh and when one of the usernames gets banned ya will have 999+ other user names to use, all because the forum cant ban ip address, just usernames,

feel my pain :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Worn Out Member
5,248 Posts
That sounds a complete pita Andy,surely @AG-Admin should be prioritising sorting that out for you.

·
Super Moderator
12,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
That sounds a complete pita Andy,surely @AG-Admin should be prioritising sorting that out for you.
think they are trying, some how to come up with a solution, what ever that maybe :rolleyes: not heard from them for nearly a week.
mods cant ban an ip address, only admins can, and that aint happening.
what gets me, i been a member on the corsa c forum since 2012, run by the same people as here, forum set up is the very same as here,
guess what, they get no spam, and have one active admin, that comes on maybe twice a day,..... here ya have to be here all day every day, just to keep up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Worn Out Member
5,248 Posts
I don't get on many forums,but i've seen no spam on aon (run by the same crowd as here)
and opcomusers where Kev has a very tight hold on the likely spam ip addresses

321 - 340 of 342 Posts