Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah, okay, here's the details from the website:

SPARES OR REPAIR - NEED THE CAR GONE - BELOW IS PREVIOUS DESCRIPTION ON WHAT THE CAR NEEDED - NOW JUST NEED IT GONE - SO GRAB A BARGAIN. NO RESERVE!
Ford Probe
2.5 v6
mot: May 30th 2009
113k miles

I've owned this car since april 2008. Bought as a semi project and weekend car, and sadly, I can't fit my family comfortable in it anymore
Since I've owned the car, I've had two new wishbones put on the car, and 2 new front tyres.
Car drives nicely, cruise control etc works fine on it, however as any car like this, there are a few things that need doing to get it to a good standard.
Mechanically: The rear brakes need replacing. The boot struts don't hold the boot up properly. The only other machanical part needed is a new CV joint as it clicks when turning (butr new boot put on it so it'll go through MOT like this). The backbox is quite noisy also, guessing there is a small hole somewhere, it's a bit rusty at the backbox, so assume replacment is needed. Tracking needs doing but wasn't going to get that done until the cv joint has been changed.
Interior cosmetic: There's no rips or holes in the seats, and everything works inside, needs a good clean out. Just so your aware this is the non-airconditioning model. Bit of condensation inside but it's been unused for a while
Exterior cosmetic: There are a few blemishes on the car and I have taken pictures of everything I have seen to be of problem. These include:
- All alloys have flaking laquer so need a refurb
- Dent/ripple to front of bonnet edge (see pic)
- Laquer coming off of side bump strip on one side
- Part of bodykit by passenger door has come away a little (looks like due to catching mudflap on kerb)
- Small deep scratch next to rear wheel (see pic)
- Small scratch on rear quarter next to boot lid (see pic)
- Rear bumper has section of paint flaking and some marks (see pic)
- Sunroof has a few bubbles of rust
- Drivers door has scratching on the very edge (see pic)

There might be a couple of extra very minor blemishes on car, but these are what I saw when looking over the car at the weekend. It really does need a good clean and hoover. I live in a flat now and don't have these facilities to hand.
Other than the problems, the car is very cool. I went to see my sister in plymouth a couple of months ago and covered 600 miles. With the cruise control on, the car did very well and returned about 33mpg which isn't too bad with an engine as big as this.
Sadly there is no history with the car, only current mot.
Will serve as a great car to someone who wants something cool at weekends to blat about in...
Need the car gone asap as already have new replacement car.
If I think of anything else I will update auction.
Please no oversea's bidders, I will not ship etc, UK auction only. Cash on collection. Anyone with less than 10 feedback, please give me email so I know you are a genuine bidder.

Thanks and good luck.

NOTE: PLEASE BRING A JERRY CAN OF FUEL, AS IT'S VIRTUALLY EMPTY! thanks.
NOTE NOTE: Car is located in SOUTHMINSTER, ESSEX, not chelmsford as my profile suggests (there is a train station 1 min walk away from me!) - Car is drivable (but no tax!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.