Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR SALE: Vectra 3rd brake light for Hatchbacks

From the later models, with LEDs.

Good condition except in one corner where the rubber started peeling off the back (the glue has dried). Just add a tad of glue and it won't be seen once on the car.

I paid £17 for it and would like to get as much as possible back but always open to reasonable offers.

The photo of it working is from the eBay listing I won.

The light is for HATCHBACKS.

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to add that this can be easily fitted to cavaliers as there are only two wires that you can scotchlock to your brake light wires. A few people have done it, including myself.

Open to reasonable offers.

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
How does this stay attached, ? is it simply stuck to the window surface or is it srewed to the top of the hatch?

Also is the angle of the Cav & Veccie windows the same (as in will the light be at the correct angle when illuminated?)

Ta.

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Domski said:
How does this stay attached, ? is it simply stuck to the window surface or is it srewed to the top of the hatch?

Also is the angle of the Cav & Veccie windows the same (as in will the light be at the correct angle when illuminated?)

Ta.
If you look at the photo, you'll see it has a plastic bit sticking out in the middle, which also has a screw hole to attach it to the top of the bootlid. If you don't fancy screwing it in, you can always use a strong glue like sikaflex to hold it in place, which won't be a problem as the light is very light.

You'd need to do a bit of trimming on the bootlid plastic (the top one) to make it sit flush with the window, but this should be fairly easy because the plastic can be taken off easily, so you don't need to do it while it's on the car. That's on the hatches though and the angle of the light does appear to be perfect for my Cavalier hatch.

I'm not sure how it works for saloons to be honest, but I think Delerium's got one of these fitted to his GSI so I assume they're the same. Not sure though.

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
I have a hatch so fitment should be OK, I can practice the trimming of the plastic as I still have the grey ones from when I changed to black.

Just out of interest, when you fitted the lower vectra light with the bulbs in it, did you remove the whole fitment with the clamps & clips from the donor vehicle, or have you stuck the lamp direct on your glass?

will watch this thread to see if kingrod has it or not.

Ta.

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Domski said:
I have a hatch so fitment should be OK, I can practice the trimming of the plastic as I still have the grey ones from when I changed to black.

Just out of interest, when you fitted the lower vectra light with the bulbs in it, did you remove the whole fitment with the clamps & clips from the donor vehicle, or have you stuck the lamp direct on your glass?

will watch this thread to see if kingrod has it or not.

Ta.
The "lower" brake light I've got IS normally stuck to the glass using some clips and the best available glue vauxhall could find at the time.

You can't actually see it, however, because the glass on the Vectras is tinted around where the brake goes. The guy I bought it from said he couldn't remove the clips because the glue is very strong so mine's held in place with double sided sticky velcro :)lmao:) temporarily until I find something more suitable.

Now that I think about it, the "higher" LED type I'm selling here is probably a better fit because you won't actually see the fittings once it's fitted onto the car.

If you look at Stuboy's thread in the Community Central about the trip to the scrapyard, you can see what one of these looks like when fitted to a Cavalier.

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
Cheers, often wondered if it was possible to remove the oruginal fitments from the glass. this now answers the question, trouble with doule sided tape is it alwys seems to be white & trouble with glue is if you ever want to remove it.

The velcro idea is top.... usually black too......easy to trim.....looks the part..........easy to remove if you have to...

My problem is there arnen't many scrapyards left where I live, those that remain usuall want a kings ransom for anything!!

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
doesn't look that shiny to me (maybe the gloss effect will fade after time in sunlight), looks pretty much as it does in the Vectra but the Vectra is a bit wider & also goes across the top of the unit too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts